Berry Smoothie Recipe: Green Thickie
This antioxidant loaded berry smoothie recipe has a variety of fibre rich berries. It is more on the thin side as it doesn’t contain any filling fruit such as mango or banana. If you prefer your green smoothie thinner, this is a great choice for you. It could be referred to as a ‘Thinnie Thickie’! It is still a complete meal though and due to the amount of fibre in berries will keep you going for longer too. The leaves I used had a fairly strong bitter taste which is why I included more sweetner than I would do normally so feel free to adjust this to suit your own tastes.
Benefits of this Berry Smoothie Recipe
All berries are full of antioxidants which are great at protecting your body from inflammation and damaging free radicals. Studies have shown that just consuming half a cup of mixed berried per day helped improve cognition and motor performance. This can really help if you suffer from swelling or allergies.
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Oat Milk (or any other dairy free milk e.g. rice, soya, almond, hemp coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Oats (use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet)
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 T Agave Nectar
- ½ Cup Desicated Coconut
- 1 Cup Spinach
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes to it which may make the recipe thinner. You could also use frozen fruit which keeps it cool while blending but may make the recipe thicker.
Find some more great Green Smoothie Recipes with Blueberry at Incredible Smoothies. A great resource for many green smoothies. Just add oats and seeds/nuts to any green smoothie to turn it into a Green Thickie.
Please rate this recipe and leave a comment. Help to spread the word about Green Thickies and share this recipe. Many thanks and blessings to you.
Did you enjoy this post? Like my Facebook Page for fun, freebies and interesting facts, and subscribe to my FREE 12 week e-course to get started with Green Smoothies, lose weight and transform your health.
Due to the popularity of essential oils with my readers, I now have an essential oils Facebook Group. If you want to know more about essential oils, please join us by clicking here
Do you have weight to lose? Are you struggling with your health? My new 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Improved Health will give you the boost you are looking for. Click here to read more
Latest posts by Katherine Natalia @ Green Thickies (see all)
- DAY 3 – 30 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIFTS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Homemade Reed Diffuser - October 8, 2014
- DAY 2 – 30 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIFTS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Festive Perfume Bar - October 8, 2014
- DAY 1: 30 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIFTS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Powdered Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix - October 8, 2014