Healthy Breakfast Smoothie: 6 Essential ingredients in a Green Thickie
Imagine being able to get everything you need in one healthy meal in a drink. The great news is not only can you get all your nutrients in this healthy breakfast smoothie but you can make it yourself very easily so you know exactly what is in it. Green Thickies are made from wholesome healthy foods. There are so many benefits to drinking a glass of green thickie in the morning. A green thickie is made from the following elements which make it a complete meal in a glass. Each green thickie includes:
- Water or dairy free milk (Like this). Avoid having to make a separate drink. Get hydrated and gain energy from food at the same time.
- Fruit: Tastes sweet, provides essential nutrients and fills you up.
- Leafy Greens: Great for energy and power packed with nutritious goodness. Essential for good health. You could also use a nutritious green powder (Like this)
- Filler such as Oats (like this)or other healthy grains: Filling carbs to keep you going until your next meal without snacking. Read more about how to add Oats or Quinoa to smoothies. If you can’t tolerate grains – I have 20 different fillers you can use to make your smoothies into meal replacement shakes to suit all special diets.
- Seeds or nuts: Great for omegas 3, 6 and a range of other nutrients. A good protein source.
- Healthy Sweeteners: Use either dried fruit such as dates or raisins, coconut, or other healthy sweeteners to make the green thickie extremely delicious. You can also make your own Date Syrup which is easier to blend. Or buy Date Syrup here.
There can of course be other ingredients that will be added to green thickies to enhance the taste or increase particular health benefits of the ingredients. Herbs or spices such as vanilla, mint or carob. Or any other ingredients such as yoghurt or vitamins.
So now you know what makes up a green thickie, learn what benefits this healthy breakfast smoothie will bring to your life.
Please G+ this by clicking the + at the bottom of the box. Thank you!
Did you enjoy this post? Like my Facebook Page for fun, freebies and interesting facts, and subscribe to my FREE 12 week e-course to get started with Green Smoothies, lose weight and transform your health.
Due to the popularity of essential oils with my readers, I now have an essential oils Facebook Group. If you want to know more about essential oils, please join us by clicking here
Do you have weight to lose? Are you struggling with your health? My new 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Improved Health will give you the boost you are looking for. Click here to read more
Latest posts by Katherine Natalia @ Green Thickies (see all)
- Join me for a weight loss tea challenge - December 23, 2014
- DAY 8 – 30 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIFTS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Scented Play Dough - December 11, 2014
- DAY 7 – 30 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GIFTS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS: Lemon and Honey Lotion Bars - December 10, 2014