Healthy Breakfast Smoothie: 6 Essential ingredients in a Green Thickie
Imagine being able to get everything you need in one healthy meal in a drink. The great news is not only can you get all your nutrients in this healthy breakfast smoothie but you can make it yourself very easily so you know exactly what is in it. Green Thickies are made from wholesome healthy foods. There are so many benefits to drinking a glass of green thickie in the morning. A green thickie is made from the following elements which make it a complete meal in a glass. Each green thickie includes:
- Water or dairy free milk. Avoid having to make a separate drink. Get hydrated and gain energy from food at the same time.
- Fruit: Tastes sweet, provides essential nutrients and fills you up.
- Greens: Great for energy and power packed with nutritious goodness. Essential for good health.
- Oats or other healthy grains: Filling carbs to keep you going until your next meal without snacking. Read more about how to add Oats or Quinoa to smoothies.
- Seeds or nuts: Great for omegas 3, 6 and a range of other nutrients. A good protein source.
- Healthy Sweeteners: Use either dried fruit such as dates or raisins, coconut, or other healthy sweeteners to make the green thickie extremely delicious. You can also make your own Date Syrup which is easier to blend.
There can of course be other ingredients that will be added to green thickies to enhance the taste or increase particular health benefits of the ingredients. Herbs or spices such as vanilla, mint or carob. Or any other ingredients such as yoghurt, tofu or vitamins.
So now you know what makes up a green thickie, learn what benefits this healthy breakfast smoothie will bring to your life.
This post has been shared with these Fabulous blog hops.
Comments always put a smile on my face, so please take a minute to say hello below. Many thanks.
If you have enjoyed this post please pin it to Pinterest, Tweet it or share it on facebook (below) so others can enjoy it. Many thanks.