Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie Recipe: Green Thickie
This strawberry smoothie recipe has a classic sweet smoothie taste so it appeals to adults and children alike. Needless to say, it’s one of my favourites and hard to believe there is so much goodness contained in one glass.
One serving of this strawberry smoothie recipe contains 68% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Vitamin C is great for lowering blood pressure and increasing your immune system. Another great thing about strawberries are although they are so good for you, they don’t contain many calories so this is a great smoothie for you if you are trying to lose weight.
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Oat Milk (or any other dairy free milk e.g. rice, soya, almond, hemp coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Cup strawberries
- 1 Cup pineapple
- 1 Cup Oats (use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet)
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoon of healthy sweetener (such as sweet freedom, agave nectar or maple syrup)
- 2 sticks of celery
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
Did you enjoy this post? Like my Facebook Page for fun, freebies and interesting facts, and subscribe to my FREE 12 week e-course to get started with Green Smoothies, lose weight and transform your health. Please comment below.
Latest posts by Katherine Natalia @ Green Thickies (see all)
- 1 Minute Blender Mint & Choc Vegan Hot Chocolate - December 8, 2013
- Healthy Vegan Friday 72: Best Vegan Recipes Roundup - December 6, 2013
- $1000 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway – December 2013 - December 4, 2013