Tools, Equipment, Books and Links
Green Thickie Resources
I am getting so many questions now about equipment I use, books I could recommend and links to some more websites that will help you to lose more weight, become healthier and further enjoy your daily Green Thickies. These are all the products that I recommend for you.Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links which means if you click on the link and buy something, I will earn a percentage of the sale. (The price you pay stays the same) As I want to completely help you recover your health, I won’t recommend anything that I haven’t or wouldn’t use myself.
- Vitamix: The best high speed blender. Everything will end up completely smooth due to the use of a tamper.
- Blentec: Another great high speed blender. Smaller than the Vitamix. Comes with different attachments to suit your needs.
- Magic Bullet: A more affordable blender that will make your green thickies better than most standard blenders.
- Back to Basics SE3000 Smoothie Express Lifestyle 26-Ounce Smoothie Maker: Great travel blender with no spill cup.
If you are wondering how to travel with your smoothies, here are the travel cups I recommend. You can read my detailed review here.
- Blender Bottle with Wire Ball (Large 28 Oz)
- Bubba 52 oz Travel Mug
- Thermos Hydro Active Sports Bottle, 450ml
- Bormioli Rocco Fido Round Clear Mason Jar, 67 Ounce
- Camelbak Better Bottle
- Hamilton Beach Stay or Go Travel Cup
- Boston Warehouse Insulated Tumbler
- Klean Kanteen Coffee Set Wide Mouth Insulated Bottle w/ 2 Caps (Stainless Loop Cap and Cafe Cap) – Brushed Stainless 12 oz
- Smart Shake bottle 20oz pink
- Libbey Country Fair 16-Ounce Drinking Jar with Handle, Set of 12
- Rednek Sipper Jar Set: Hillbilly Home Drinking Collection with Lid and Straw
Here is some more equipment that I use all the time for smoothie making:
- Amco Enameled Aluminum Lemon Squeezer: I use this for juicing limes, lemons and small (or quartered) oranges.
- Electric citrus juicer: This low priced citrus juicer will very quickly make a large amount of freshly squeezed orange juice as a base for your smoothies.
- OXO Good Grips Lemon Zester: Perfect for zesting unwaxed limes, lemons and oranges.
- Bottle Brush: This is useful for cleaning smoothie cups and blenders.
- OXO Good Grips Pro Y-Peeler: You’ll need a peeler for sweet potato, and fruits if you prefer to take the peel off first.
- Onesource 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set: All Green Thickies recipes are measured in cups and spoons so this very reasonably priced set will be all you will need.
- Oxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set: These are great for scraping thick smoothies out of blenders.
Here are some of the most interesting, helpful and inspiring books I have read on my journey to wellness and weight loss:
- The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health
- The 80/10/10 Diet: This book literally changed my life. With step by step guidelines so you can lose weight and heal yourself.
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure
- Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss
- Date Syrup: Easier to blend than dried fruit and very healthy.
- Sunwarrior Ormus Supergreens: If you have run out of or can’t get hold of fresh greens, this is a great ingredient to have on stand by. This will give you a natural energy boost and it can be drunk on it’s own too.
Vitamix Professional Blender
1) My number one product that I absolutely can’t live without now I have it, is my Vitamix blender.
This is a professional blender that will blend your green thickie to a smooth and silky consistency in about 30 seconds. Most regular blenders will blend a green thickie just fine, and you won’t miss a vita-mix if you’ve never had one. But once you try a green thickie made using a Vitamix you will never want to go back to a standard blender again. They are amazing. The best product I’ve ever bought! OK so the downside of a vita-mix is they are very expensive. I never thought I would spend so much money on a kitchen appliance. However I use it between 1 and 4 times a day so I definitely get my money’s worth. I make green thickies, green smoothies, soups, fruit puddings, dips, butters, salsas, sauces, salad dressings… The list goes on.
I never thought I’d be able to justify spending so much money on a blender but I saved up for a long time, had it for birthday and Christmas present combined, put my own money towards it and sold various things I had lying around my house. You can tell how much I wanted it, and I don’t regret it now. There are many different versions online, just read all the positive reviews which will will tell you it’s the best money they ever spent. Once you start making your green thickies using a vita-mix, it will be one healthy habit that you will definitely stick to.
I have this Vitamix TNC Red 010232 Blender. Total Nutrition Centre which is perfect, and has a 7 year warranty.
Top of my list, the book that I feel was almost soley responsible for my complete health transformation and weight loss. The 80/10/10 Diet by Dr. Douglas Graham.
I believe this diet is the healthiest diet you can follow and if you read the book you’ll understand why. I felt amazing on this diet. It’s very hard to stick to but it’s definitely worth it if you are recovering from an illness or are extremely motivated to become healthier.
This is an amazing watch. See these people who have diabetes and other health problems be totally transformed in 30 days. If this doesn’t convince you of the powers of a raw food diet, nothing will!