28 Smoothies Without Bananas
One of the most common emails I get is to tell me I have too many smoothies made with bananas. Bananas are a great smoothie ingredients as they are cheap, sweet and make a smoothie thick and creamy. However, if you are making a ‘thickie’ you don’t need to use bananas in any of your smoothies as the oats or other carbs used will make the smoothie thick and creamy enough. Sometimes a thickie can actually get too thick if you put in too many bananas.
There are many reasons why people don’t want to use bananas in their smoothies, a lot of people are allergic to them, some just don’t like the taste of them, and if you haven’t already frozen a supply of bananas in your freezer then it’s hard to time ripening bananas at exactly the right time to be ready for your smoothie. In my house there is never enough ripe bananas even though I feel like I buy loads of them!
If you do find a smoothie that you want to try but it has bananas in it, a great alternative to bananas in smoothies is mango. It’s just as sweet and creamy and I actually much prefer the taste of it to bananas.
So I thought I would provide you with a list of all the smoothies I have created without bananas if you don’t have any ripe bananas on hand or don’t use them at all.
Here is a list of all the current smoothies that have no bananas in them. Most of these are ‘thickies’ or ‘green thickies’ which are filling complete meal smoothies containing enough protein to stop those cravings and hunger pangs in their tracks.
- Chocolate Covered Marzipan Smoothie
- Persimmon Smoothie Dessert: Persimmon Pie in a glass
- Mince Pie Smoothie Christmas Drink
- Homemade Orange Julius Recipe (Vegan, Sugar free)
- Cold and Flu Busting Coconut and Orange Smoothie
- Rippled Raspberry Smoothie
- Almond and Pear Smoothie
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Merry Cherry Smoothie
- Creamy Mango Shake
- Fresh Fig Smoothie with Ginger
- Peach Avocado Drink
- Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
- Morning Mango Smoothie
- Lime and Ginger Drink
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Easy Black forest Cake Smoothie
- Fresh Summer Strawberry and Spinach Salad Smoothie
- Apricot Mango Spinach Smoothie
- How to make a Watermelon Smoothie with a summer Salad recipe
- Dad’s Big Super Sweet and Sour Drink
- Strawberry, Orange and Dandelion Smoothie
- Peach and Orange Juice Smoothie
- Peach Yogurt Smoothie recipe
- Pom’s Kiwi and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Wet Summer Watermelon Smoothie
- Crazy Coconut Pineapple and Spinach Smoothie
- Sweet Punch Romaine Lettuce Smoothie
Are you a fan of bananas in your smoothies?
And if you have some weight you’d like to lose, why not try my free weight loss smoothie recipe. It contains 8 ingredients specifically selected for their fat burning properties, and you will be pleased to hear that this recipe does not contain banana either.