28 Smoothies Without Bananas
One of the most common emails I get is to tell me I have too many smoothies made with bananas. Bananas are a great smoothie ingredients as they are cheap, sweet and make a smoothie thick and creamy. However, if you are making a ‘thickie’ you don’t need to use bananas in any of your smoothies as the oats or other carbs used will make the smoothie thick and creamy enough. Sometimes a thickie can actually get too thick if you put in too many bananas.
There are many reasons why people don’t want to use bananas in their smoothies, a lot of people are allergic to them, some just don’t like the taste of them, and if you haven’t already frozen a supply of bananas in your freezer then it’s hard to time ripening bananas at exactly the right time to be ready for your smoothie. In my house there is never enough ripe bananas even though I feel like I buy loads of them!
If you do find a smoothie that you want to try but it has bananas in it, a great alternative to bananas in smoothies is mango. It’s just as sweet and creamy and I actually much prefer the taste of it to bananas.
So I thought I would provide you with a list of all the smoothies I have created without bananas if you don’t have any ripe bananas on hand or don’t use them at all. I have also added these to a category ‘no bananas’ in the Search Recipes box on my Recipage so if you type in ‘no bananas’ you will find a list of all the recipes without bananas. I will add more in the future so unless I update this list, it will be better to find all the current no banana recipes here. Here is a list of all the current smoothies that have no bananas in them. Most of these are ‘thickies’ or ‘green thickies’ which are filling complete meal replacement smoothies.
- Chocolate Covered Marzipan Smoothie
- Persimmon Smoothie Dessert: Persimmon Pie in a glass
- Mince Pie Smoothie Christmas Drink
- Homemade Orange Julius Recipe (Vegan, Sugar free)
- Cold and Flu Busting Coconut and Orange Smoothie
- Rippled Raspberry Smoothie
- Almond and Pear Smoothie
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Merry Cherry Smoothie
- Creamy Mango Shake
- Fresh Fig Smoothie with Ginger
- Peach Avocado Drink
- Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
- Morning Mango Smoothie
- Lime and Ginger Drink
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Easy Black forest Cake Smoothie
- Fresh Summer Strawberry and Spinach Salad Smoothie
- Apricot Mango Spinach Smoothie
- How to make a Watermelon Smoothie with a summer Salad recipe
- Dad’s Big Super Sweet and Sour Drink
- Strawberry, Orange and Dandelion Smoothie
- Peach and Orange Juice Smoothie
- Peach Yogurt Smoothie recipe
- Pom’s Kiwi and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Wet Summer Watermelon Smoothie
- Crazy Coconut Pineapple and Spinach Smoothie
- Sweet Punch Romaine Lettuce Smoothie
Are you a fan of bananas in your smoothies?
Did you enjoy this post? Like my Facebook Page for fun, freebies and interesting facts, and subscribe to my FREE 12 week e-course to get started with Green Smoothies, lose weight and transform your health.
Due to the popularity of essential oils with my readers, I now have an essential oils Facebook Group. If you want to know more about essential oils, please join us by clicking here
Do you have weight to lose? Are you struggling with your health? My new 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Improved Health will give you the boost you are looking for. Click here to read more
Latest posts by Katherine Natalia @ Green Thickies (see all)
- Everyday oils giveaway Young Living Valor Essential Oil - August 29, 2014
- The Death of Robin Williams: How Have We Been Deceived By The Antidepressant Hoax - August 20, 2014
- Quick Natural Bug Spray Recipe - August 19, 2014