What I ate Weekly: Week 2
This is the second post in a series detailing exactly what I’m eating to lose weight. After having baby number 2, I had 33 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy ideal weight. I am going to share my weekly food intake with you once a week until I reach my ideal weight again. You can read what I ate last week and see an overview of my weight loss and diet plan.
What I Ate Weekly is an extension of the popular What I ate Wednesday which is an event run by Peas & Crayons blog, where people share what they ate in one day of the week. Now I’m taking that one step further and showing you what I ate for the whole week!
The second week on my new diet
- Date: 16 July
- Start weight: 150 pounds (10 stones, 10 lbs, 68KG). This may not seem that heavy to you but for my small height of 5 ft 3 it puts me into the overweight category.
- Weight on weigh in day: 143 pounds (10 stones, 3 lbs, 64KG)
- Goal weight: 117 pounds (8 stones 5 lbs, 53 KG) This is the weight that I naturally seem to end up at when I remain eating healthily for a long time. I’ve been this weight before both pregnancies and it’s still well within my healthy range.
- Weight loss this week: 5lbs. This was a massive loss this week and more than I would normally expect to lose in one week. There are 2 reasons for this, the first reason is that I wasn’t well for one day and didn’t eat my dinner and the second reason is that I stuck to the diet completely for the whole week so a lot of this weight loss is probably water loss. I wouldn’t normally expect to healthily lose this much weight every week. 1-2 pounds is much more reasonable.
- Total weight loss: 7lb. This is a great start to my diet. I am already feeling much lighter and my stomach has got noticeably smaller.
- Health improvements: I’ve not had any sugar cravings this week and have been able to stick to my diet 100% this week. I am also feeling a lot more energetic despite not getting any more sleep. I am no longer having to peel my eyes open wondering how I’m going to get through the day. Now I am out walking with my kids and able to concentrate on my work in the evenings again.
- Exercise taken: I have been out every talking short walks with my kids in the double buggy. This pram is so cumbersome and difficult to push and turn corners that it’s a complete workout in itself!
All the food I ate this week:
This week I’ve been testing the recipes for my new ebook again. I’ve finished my ebook now and the diet is currently with my testers. (Thank you everyone who applied) and I’ll be testing my plan for the next few weeks to check the recipes work, see if I lose weight and feel more healthy. I can’t wait to share my final book with you when it finally goes on sale, but in the meantime you can have a look at some of the recipes I ate this week. I’m not selling my ebook just yet but if you want to read more about it you can read all about my Green Thickies 7 Day Diet Plan here.
I start my week on a Tuesday as I get my shopping on Monday and prepare my food for the following day. This is everything I ate this week:
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Creamy Coconut and Clementine Green Thickie for each meal. I just adore this smoothie, so creamy but so refreshing at the same time.
Dinner: I wasn’t feeling too well today. I don’t know if it was detox symptoms or a bug but it was a lovely day and we went to the beach as my husband was off on annual leave this week. When I got there I got such a bad headache and felt dizzy and very weak. We came home shortly afterwards and I spent the rest of the day in bed so I didn’t actually eat my dinner. It’s not like my to miss meals as I love my food but I felt too sick to eat. I’ve been a bit run down since I had my baby probably due to sleep deprivation and never being able to catch up on sleep.
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of Creamy Coconut and Clementine Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Creamy Pasta and Broccoli with Mushrooms. This pasta sauce is so quick with very easy to find ingredients and tastes luxurious!
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Sweet grapefruit and orange Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Another portion of my Creamy Pasta and Broccoli with Mushrooms. This pasta sauce is so quick with very easy to find ingredients and tastes luxurious!
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of Sweet grapefruit and orange Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Satay Noodles with stir fry veg
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Apple Coconut Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Another portion of my Satay Noodles with stir fry veg
Breakfast and Lunch: Another serving of my Apple Coconut Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Mushroom & White Bean Chili and Rice
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of my Apple Mango Green Thickie for each meal.
Dinner: Another portion of my Mushroom & White Bean Chili and Rice
I absolutely love my new diet plan and even though I’ve eaten these meals loads of times I still really enjoy it and actually made a load of batches of these meals for my freezer for after my baby was born. I still have loads of them left so next week you’ll be seeing more of my meals from my new ebook. What do you think of my meals this week?
I have also decided that to motivate myself even further and help others at the same time, I am going to donate some money to charity when I lose weight. For every 2 pounds that I lose I’m going to donate enough money (£10.70) to feed a child for a whole year. I’ll be thinking about these hungry children when I’m tempted to overindulge in something unhealthy. I’m going to support Mary’s Meals which is set up by Martha who is a school girl who blogged about her school dinners and became so popular that she was able to raise a fortune for charity. It actually takes very little to feed one child for a whole year so I’m going to commit to that from now on. You can have a look at Mary’s meals and donate here too.
- You can read how I lost my weight previously with green smoothies:
- How I lost 56 Pounds with the Green Smoothie Diet
- Sun Dream Orange and Banana Smoothie and my weight loss progress
- How I lost 5 pounds and dropped a dress size in 7 days: My Green Thickie Challenge (Pt 2)
- Introducing What I ate Weekly #1: How I lost 2 pounds this week
- What I ate Weekly 2: How I lost 5 pounds this week