I am making quite good progress now on my journey to lose 33 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy ideal weight. I am going to share my weekly food intake with you once a week until I reach my ideal weight again.
What I Ate Weekly is an extension of the popular What I ate Wednesday which is an event run by Peas & Crayons blog, where people share what they ate in one day of the week. Now I’m taking that one step further and showing you what I ate for the whole week!
The fourth week on my healthy diet
- Date: 30 July
- Start weight: 150 pounds (10 stones, 10 lbs, 68KG). This may not seem that heavy to you but for my small height of 5 ft 3 it puts me into the overweight category.
- Weight on weigh in day: 140 pounds (10 stones, 0 lbs, 63KG) I’m very happy now as I’m officially not overweight anymore. Yay! I still have a long way to go to get back to a slim healthier body.
- Goal weight: 117 pounds (8 stones 5 lbs, 53 KG) This is the weight that I naturally seem to end up at when I remain eating healthily for a long time. I’ve been this weight before both pregnancies and it’s still well within my healthy range.
- Weight loss this week: 2lb. After only losing 1lb last week I was worried that my weight loss would slow down massively and it would end up taking me about half a year to lose all my weight if I carried on with that type of weight loss. So I’m glad I’ve lost a bit more this week.
- Total weight loss: 10lbs. It’s reallly motivating to see the number of pounds lost really adding up after only 4 weeks. I only have 23 more pounds to lose now.
- Health improvements: This week I’m actually feeling a lot more positive. After having a baby I felt very down probably because I was so exhausted and had no chance to catch up on sleep. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Exercise taken: Just more short walks with my heavy double buggy.
All the food I ate this week:
I’ve been clearing out my small freezer this week so I can defrost it, so I’ve been eating a lot more of the same types of evening meals but I have been experimenting a lot with my Green Thickies this week and have made some gorgeous creations. I’ll be sharing the recipes with you at a later date so let me know which ones you want the recipes for.
I start my week on a Tuesday as I get my shopping on Monday and prepare my food for the following day. This is everything I ate this week:
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Pure Fruit & Veg Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. I’ve been experimenting more with different carbs in my green thickies and this time I used cooked sweet potato. It was very fresh tasting as the sweetness just came from the fruit, no sweeteners. (This recipe isn’t on my blog yet)
Dinner: Pasta in a tomato sauce with roasted vegetables. I had some batches of pasta sauce in my freezer to use up and I served it with wholewheat pasta and a packet of freezer vegetables to roast. This is such a quick meal and tastes great. You can find the recipe here if you want. It’s so quick to make.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Blackcurrant and Vanilla Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. (Recipe not on my blog yet) This tastes just like a sugary UK drink called Ribena. I’ve heard that in the states people don’t really drink cordial so if you don’t know what I’m talking about, cordial is a concentrated sugary drink that you dilute with water and kids love it here. Anyway, this was my first experiment with blackcurrants and it tasted absolutely gorgeous and just look at that colour!
Dinner: Speedy Hummus and Mango Salad Wrap: I keep my wraps in the freezer and this meal couldn’t be quicker. It will be in my new ebook. This time I added strawberries to it and I loved the colours in this meal.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Fruity Beetroot Hidden Greens Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. (Recipe not yet published) If you want to turn your green smoothie pink, just add a bit of raw beetroot to it.
Dinner: Tortilla Soup with a homemade wholewheat pitta bread and a big green salad. I forgot to get a photo of this meal but this tortilla soup is absolutely gorgeous. I have made this recipe so many times and I never get sick of it. It’s in one of my favourite vegan books for losing weight. I made every single recipe in this book to lose weight with my first baby and loved most of the recipes. Have a look at it on Amazon. The reviews speak for themselves.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Lavender and Blueberry green thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. (Recipe not available yet) A gorgeous fragrant smoothie.
Dinner: Some more White Bean Chili from my freezer.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Mango and Passionfruit smoothie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. (Recipe not yet published) This smoothie is so good I made it every day for about a month after my baby was born.
Dinner: Chips and Beans. I’d had one of those days where everything had gone wrong and by the evening I had no willpower left and just wanted a treat, so chips and baked beans it was. I also had no willpower for taking photos either.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Merry Cherry Smoothie (Green Thickie) for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch.
Dinner: Satay Noodles Stir Fri. I love how quick this recipe is too.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Peach and Orange Juice Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch.
Dinner: BBQ Tofu and Spicy Scallops. Another recipe from my upcoming ebook. I just adore this recipe and could literally eat it every day of the week. The only problem is it’s gone too quickly!
If you want any of the recipes I’ve not yet published, please subscribe to my email list and I’ll let you know when they are available. Please tell me which ones you want to see on my blog in the comments below.
You can read last week’s post here where I also tell you how I am losing weight for charity.
On an unrelated note, I set up an email subscription list about a year ago which 5046 people subscribed to. (Thank you!) I recently learned that my provider hadn’t been sending a single email out to anybody on my list which is not so good. So I’ve changed providers now. Unfortunately that means that everyone on my list has to confirm their subscription again to my list to receive any emails from me. So if that includes you, I’m very sorry about that and I would appreciate you confirming your subscription again.
I’ve been working on a new FREE Green Thickies E-Course which will give you everything you need to know about starting your journey with green smoothies to help you get healthy and lose weight. You will get this course if you sign up to my email list along with other important green thickie updates.