This is actually getting much easier and eating this way is just becoming a way of life for me now. In case you didn’t know I’m trying to lose 33 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy ideal weight. I am sharing my weekly food intake with you until I reach my ideal weight again to help you see how easy it is to lose weight as long as you have a plan.
What I Ate Weekly is an extension of the popular What I ate Wednesday which is an event run by Peas & Crayons blog, where people share what they ate in one day of the week. Now I’m taking that one step further and showing you what I ate for the whole week!
The fifth week on my healthy diet
- Date: 6 August
- Start weight: 150 pounds (10 stones, 10 lbs, 68KG). This may not seem that heavy to you but for my small height of 5 ft 3 it puts me into the overweight category.
- Weight on weigh in day: 138 pounds (9 stones, 12 lbs, 62KG) I just love it when I get into the 9 stone range. It’s a psychological barrier for me that just makes me feel a lot slimmer.
- Goal weight: 117 pounds (8 stones 5 lbs, 53 KG) This is the weight that I naturally seem to end up at when I remain eating healthily for a long time. I’ve been this weight before both pregnancies and it’s still well within my healthy range.
- Weight loss this week: 2lb. I’m very happy with a 2lb a week weight loss. I know I’m losing weight at a healthy rate but also that it’s not going to take forever to actually lose the weight.
- Total weight loss: 12lbs. I only have 21 more pounds to lose now. I have now lost a third of my excess weight. Yay!
- Health improvements: I am actually feeling amazingly well now. I’m only getting about 5 hours sleep every night and don’t feel tired at all. I don’t have any energy slumps and can concentrate well all day long. I feel like I’m having such a good detox and it’s working wonders.
- Exercise taken: I’ve actually had much more energy to play with my toddler now, playing with her in the garden and giving her horsey rides!
I really feel like a different person now after being on this diet for 5 weeks. I feel so full of life, so energised and positive. It just makes me even more determined to share this diet with you so you can feel just as good.
I thought it was about time I did a before and after photo as I can really see the difference now. Can you?
All the food I ate this week:
I’m afraid I’ve still been clearing out my freezer so my evening meals are a bit samey but from next week I’m going to be trying recipes from a different book each week so you can see a bit more variety in my meals. I also just love trying out new recipes and have got far too many recipe books that I need to try out. Again, let me know if there are any Green Thickie recipes that you like the look of and if I haven’t already published it I will do so in the future.
I start my week on a Tuesday as I get my shopping on Monday and prepare my food for the following day. This is everything I ate this week:
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Cantaloupe and Banana Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch.
Dinner: Pasta in a tomato sauce with roasted vegetables and a big side salad. I’ve also been experimenting with a new salad dressing for my new ebook. My testers were getting bored of the same salad dressing all week so I’ve just created another one that tastes amazing and it totally oil free. I’m not going to add any photos of my dinners this week as it’s pretty similar to what I ate last week so if you want to look at the photos you can check out last week’s post.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Kiwi and Apple Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch.
Dinner: BBQ Tofu and Spicy Potato Scallops with a big side salad as always.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Kiwi, Apple and Coconut Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. I love adding whole coconut to my smoothies. I don’t do it very often though as it’s far too hard to get into them!
Dinner: White Bean Chili with a jacket potato and a large green salad. I make up a big batch of salad once a week which usually includes lettuce, tomato, cucumber and then added extras such as grapes, onions, strawberries or other salad veg. It saves me so much time as it’s one less thing I have to prepare when I’m making dinner.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Mango Parsley Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. If you’ve never tried parsley in a smoothie, you’ve got to give it a go. There’s no taste quite like it!
Dinner: Tortilla Soup with a homemade wholewheat pitta bread and a big green salad.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Moroccan Spiced Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. This was such an interesting flavour. It had apricots, carrots, peaches and all kinds of weird and wonderful spices. I’m definitely going to have to try this one again!
Dinner: Kung Pao Tofu with soft noodles and toasted cashew nuts. This week, instead of spending too much money on takeaways and which are unhealthy anyway I decided to try and make my own. (Thank you so much Jenny for giving me a link to this recipe) It was absolutely gorgeous and very nearly just as good as the Chinese restaurant version that I usually have. I changed a couple of things based on the ingredients I had in, but I’m definitely going to make this again.
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Simply Peaches Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch. So simple, but I just adore this smoothie for using up leftover peaches.
Dinner: Kung Pao Tofu with soft noodles and toasted cashew nuts again. Yum!
Breakfast and Lunch: 1 serving of Pineapple Melon Ginger and Orange Green Thickie for breakfast and 1 serving for lunch.
Dinner: Speedy Hummus and Mango Salad Wrap.
If you want any of the recipes I’ve not yet published, please subscribe to my email list and I’ll let you know when they are available. Please tell me which ones you want to see on my blog in the comments below.
I’ve finally got some more time and energy to work on this website which I just LOVE! So I’m looking at the design of my website at the moment and I need your help. Can you tell me anything that annoys you about my website or anything that you would like to see improved? Is it easy to search the recipes? What would make it easier? I would love your feedback as I’m here to help YOU! Tell me in the comments below what I can do to improve this website for you.