Are you a fan of protein powder?
Let me ask you a question…
Have you ever had a look at the ingredients list on the back of the packet?
Most of the time this ingredient list is pretty long and quite disturbing as it will more than likely contain a cocktail of chemicals, some allergy producing whey powder or hidden MSGs which hide under the misleading name of ‘natural flavourings’ or even ‘natural vanilla flavour’.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Yes you heard that right, the very thing that is labeled as natural is created in a lab and has been proven to cause disease in the body.
And now that you know why we shouldn’t be eating yucky processed protein powder, let’s turn our attention to protein shall we?
It actually turns out that needing so much protein is actually a myth, invented by the creators of these protein powders so they could pitch us their toxic products at a premium price!
So now we’ve established that:
- We don’t need protein powders as they are actually harmful and not helpful and
- We don’t actually need as much protein as we think we do
And before you ask, yes we do still NEED protein.
But if you eat a diet based on whole foods, you don’t have to worry about protein at all as it’s in pretty much all whole foods.
Most westerners actually get far too much protein from all the animal products they consume.
We put far too much emphasis on protein.
So if we don’t need to worry about it, what is the point of making a homemade protein powder?
For 2 reasons:
- Old habits die hard. It is hard for most people to simply stop putting protein powder in their smoothies. So replacing the toxic powder with a homemade powder will transition you nicely into eating a pure wholefoods diet.
- Add some nuts or seeds which are high in plant based protein will fill you up until your next meal, make your smoothie thick and creamy and provide you with additional unique health benefits.
That’s the reason why I add plant based protein sources to my Green Thickies as they are a complete meal, and nuts and seeds provide healthy fats, healthy protein and many other vitamins and minerals which are necessary for good health.
Once you switch to this homemade protein powder, you’re going to feel so much better, and watch as allergies melt away, not to mention your waistband shrinking!
Best of all this protein powder only has 2 ingredients which pack a powerful punch, and you can whip up this protein powder in seconds – much faster than placing an order on Amazon!
I created this short video to show you how easy it is to whip up a batch of homemade protein powder!
2 Ingredient Homemade Protein Powder Recipe (Vegan, Hemp, Natural)
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds Get yours here
- 1 cup of hemp seeds Get yours here
- ½ teaspoon of stevia powder: Optional Get yours here
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon: Optional Get yours here
- See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can't live without by clicking here.
- Add all the ingredients into a very dry small blender of food processor. (I used this blender in my demonstration)
- Pulse until finely ground.
- Transfer into a mason jar. (Get yours here)
- Store in the fridge.
- Use 2 tablespoons per smoothie serving. (Get your measuring spoons here)
- Keep one tablespoon measuring spoon in the jar to use as an easy access scoop.
Most Green Thickie recipes serve 2, so you would need to use 4 tablespoons per batch of smoothie.
You can replace any of the nuts or seeds in any Green Thickie recipe with this homemade protein powder.
Are you new to Green Thickies?
This recipe can turn your smoothie into complete meal containing natural protein sources. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
- The Ultimate Smoothie Blender Guide
- The Only Guide To Protein Shakes You’ll Ever Need
- Over 50 Spinach Recipes: The Complete Collection
- The Complete Guide To Green Smoothies
- The Essential Guide To Meal Replacement Shakes
Let me know your thoughts about protein powder in the comments.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020