Blackberry Smoothie with basil (Green Smoothie/Green Thickie)
This fresh, sweet and aromatic blackberry smoothie has a twist. Basil works amazingly well with blackberries in this Green Smoothie.
- Author: Katherine Kyle
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cups Water (If you are drinking this straight away substitute one cup of water for ice)
- 1 Cup Basil, loosely packed (Or any other mild green if you really can’t face basil but it really is delicious with the basil)
- ¼ Cup Almonds (or any plain seeds if you don’t eat nuts, or leave out for less calories).
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (Pure or ground vanilla has a better flavour)
- ½ Cup Raisins (or any other dried fruit which can also be pre-soaked for a smoother blend)
- 4 Cups Blackberries (I used one punnet of frozen blackberries)
- 1 Banana
OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED FOR HEALTH BENEFITS:
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients.
- This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
The calories shown are for half of the ingredients listed as this smoothie serves 2. If you want less calories add less oats.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
- Calories: 549
- Sugar: 44g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 102g
- Fiber: 25g
- Protein: 15g