Dad’s Big Super Sweet and Sour Drink (Green Smoothie/Green Thickie)
If you like grapefruit and a sweet and sour kick to your green smoothies, this sweet and sour drink will be right up your street.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 4 Cup Water (If you are drinking this straight away substitute one cup of ice for water so it’s nice and cool)
- 1 Cup Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Pink Grapefruit (or other type of grapefruit. You can use oranges instead for a less sharp taste)
- ½ Cup Broccoli, (Or any mild leafy greens)
- ½ Cup Cauliflower, (Or mild leafy greens)
- 1 Tablespoon Linseeds (or any type of plain seeds).
- 1 Tablespoon Almonds (or any type of plain nuts)
- ¼ Cup dates (or any other dried fruit which can also be pre-soaked for a smoother blend)
- 1 Cup Dried Apricots (Brown un-sulphured ones are best or other dried fruit)
- 1 Cup Oats (If you don’t have a powerful blender and want the smoothie very smooth you can soak the oats for an hour before blending)
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge.
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint