Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie
Green Smoothie of the week
I’ve only recently discovered this healthy key lime pie smoothie and judging by the amount of times I’ve already made it I think it’s going to be an all time favourite.
There’s something about lime in smoothies. I don’t know what it is but I just adore it. It gives every smoothie an added zing and freshness. No wonder a lot of my favourite smoothies contain lime. So what could be better than an actual lime smoothie, and even better a healthy key lime pie smoothie.
I loved this smoothie so much I already featured it as one of my Top 10 Green Smoothie recipes, but I just had to turn it into a green thickie.
Why turn green smoothies into green thickies?
Wasn’t it good enough already I hear you ask? Yes it was just perfect but I drank this smoothie along with 4 other green smoothies on the morning I made it and it just didn’t fill me up at all. There’s nothing wrong with drinking green smoothies as snacks if you have the time to make them, but I don’t have time for snacking so that’s why my green smoothies have to be my meals. To make a green smoothie into a filling meal, I normally add oats to my them.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Change the calories to suit your own energy levels
Of course everybody needs a different number of calories to fill them up and we are all different on different days, some days we are hungrier, so feel free to adjust this smoothie accordingly. The beauty of green thickies are that you can simply add less oats (and a little less water) if you want less calories or more oats (plus a little bit more water) if you want a more filling drink. It won’t affect the taste at all as oats have such a neutral taste anyway.
This healthy key lime pie smoothie is perfect whatever the season as you can always get hold of bananas and limes.
[tweetherder]I love this Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie so much I featured it twice.[/tweetherder]
Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie (Green Smoothie/Green Thickie)
I’ve only recently discovered this healthy key lime pie smoothie and I’ve already lost track of the number of times I’ve made it. An all time favourite.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cups Dairy Free Milk (Like this) (If you want this smoothie cooler replace 1 cup of milk with 1 cup of ice)
- 2 Bananas (Fresh or frozen. If frozen you might need to add more water) If you can’t eat bananas, this would work with mango too or just more oats.
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds (Like this)
- ¼ Cup of Dates (Like this)
- Juice and zest of 2 -4 Limes. It tastes amazing with 4 limes but it’s still nice with just 2 limes.
- ½ teaspoon of pure Vanilla Extract (Like this)
OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED FOR HEALTH BENEFITS
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed (or any other mild greens) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 2–4 drops of *lime therapeutic grade essential oils. (Click here to find out where I buy my favourite therapeutic essential oils at wholesale prices)
- 1 Filler (Click here to choose a filler)
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the greens next for a short time (if using)
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a Green Thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This Green Thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
Suitable for Special Diets:
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
You can find the original recipe here at Healthful pursuits. Leanne’s blog is well worth checking out as her recipes are gorgeous and her photos will make you drool.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use Discount Code to get 50% off: BLOG (Add discount code BLOG at the checkout)
Click here to get started