Welcome to Healthy Vegan Fridays. Eating unhealthily does not agree with me. Not only can I not control my intake of sugary processed foods but I get all sorts of health problems too like aches, pains, insomnia, acne, colds and exhaustion. I have been in need of even more energy now more than ever so I can look after my kids but I think that’s the power that refined sugar had over me that I just didn’t have the willpower to give it up. Read all about my struggle with sugar here. Well I’m pleased to say I’m finally back on a healthy eating plan. I’ve got my diet for the week planned out and my kitchen is stocked with loads of fruit. I’ve been eating really well for a few days now and I’m feeling on top of the world!
I had such an amazing weekend. My oldest and dearest friend was staying for a few days. She came up with her little girl who is the same age as my little girl and they had such fun enjoying this glorious heat wave we’ve been having lately.
This week we are trying a new system for determining the most popular posts. You can now click ‘like’ next to the posts that you like. You can ‘like’ as many posts as you like. The order of the posts will change depending on the number of likes. The 3 posts with the most likes will be featured next week, so get liking!
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Healthy Vegan Fridays is a weekly blog hop hosted by myself, Carrie @ Carrie on Vegan, and Gabby @ The Veggie Nook. It is a place to share your healthy vegan recipes and plant based articles. The recipes should make use of whole ingredients and minimize the use of processed and refined foods.
Recap of last week:
Most Popular Submissions
This follows on perfectly from Chasity’s post about her cravings for eggs as a vegan. A great read!
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Cholet is actually a friend in real life and she kindly brought some of these round for my little girl and I to try. They were absolutely gorgeous so I’m thrilled that you were just as tempted by them as I am. I’m going to make these again first chance I get. Here is a photo of my girl eating them and of course she was asking for ‘more more more!’
My Favourites from Last Week
Low Fat Diets: How Low is Too Low?
A question I’m constantly asking myself about fat intake.
Some gorgeous quick snacks for hot weather.
This used to be one of my favourite currys before I went vegan and this photo started some serious cravings for it.
And just a quick request- PLEASE put a LINK BACK to this blog party on the post you are linking. We want to try and spread the word about Healthy Vegan Friday and would really appreciate your help doing so!
So, if you have a healthy vegan recipe (or 2) to share, please add it to the list below! If not, feel free to browse the submissions and get inspired! You can also check out our Pinterest board, Facebok Page and feel free to tweet about it using the hashtag #VeganFridays. Feel free to grab our button (code is on the sidebar) to help promote this even and show your vegan pride.
You don’t have to be vegan to submit, just needs to be a vegan recipe. so share that creativity of yours!
Thanks and happy Friday!
- maximum of 2 submissions per week
- you do not have to be a vegan food blogger to link up, but all recipes must be 100% vegan.
- all recipe submissions should focus on the most whole, unprocessed and unrefined ingredients as much as possible, although we will still accept recipes that make use of some processed/refined ingredients.
- you may submit current or past recipes, just make sure they are not ones that you have shared previously on this blog hop.
- besides recipes, feel free to submit informative posts that are aimed at promoting vegan, plant-based diets.
- you must provide a link back to this blog party on your submitted post. You can either grab our badge to display or a clickable link back somewhere on the post you are submitting.
- when linking up, please make sure to link back to the post you are submitting, not the homepage of your blog
By linking up to Healthy Vegan Fridays, you guarantee that the pictures and posts are your own and not that of someone else. You also agree to give permission to all hostesses (Gabby and Carrie) to make use of your pictures and posts on our own Healthy Vegan Friday posts, as well as giving us permission to re-post them on Pinterest, Twitter and/or Facebook.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020