Welcome to my third Healthy Vegan Fridays. How’s your week been? This week has been quite trying for me as my toddler has been very grumpy and clingy day and night so it’s been quite hard to get anything productive done. I have some ongoing projects though. I’m reading the theory behind traditional bread making so that I can try and make some healthy loaves. I’ve been off bread for such a long time but I have discovered I can tolerate it if it’s made the old fashioned way, so I’m desperate to get some loaves made, but it seems more complex than I thought it would be.
I also have been trying out some of the recipes from Healthy Vegan Fridays which introduces me to so many new types of foods I would never have though of myself. Last week I made Strawberry Jam, Toasted Sesame Orange Teriyaki Vegetable and Quinoa Bowl, Sour cream courgette chips, and Carrot coconut curry soup. All of them were absolutely gorgeous! For some reason though I’m incapable of sticking to a recipe exactly. I always tweak somthing depending on what ingredients I have and what I can tolerate. No wonder I’m no good at baking!
We had 61 entries to Healthy Vegan Friday last week. It’s so encouraging to see so many other people with a passion for healthy plant based eating. We really value all your support.
For those of you who don’t know, Healthy Vegan Fridays is a weekly blog hop hosted by myself, Carrie @ Carrie on Vegan, and Gabby @ The Veggie Nook. It is a place to share your healthy vegan recipes that make use of whole ingredients and minimize the use of processed and refined foods. The recipes shared on this link up are intended to emphasis the beauty, creativity and benefits of a healthy, plant-based diet!
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Recap of last week:
Most Popular Submissions
1: Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Mmmmm peanut butter swirl, not only does this look gorgeous, it just sounds gorgeous too.
This has inspired me to make more chocolate smoothies. Yum!
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
I’ve been reading lately that water fasting is the most effective form of detox. Our bodies are designed to have a break from food once in a while and fasts may have been naturally imposed due to food shortages in the past. Now we suffer from the effects of overindulgence. I haven’t had much success with fasting in the past but do intend to try it again and try and make it a regular practice in the future.
My Favourites from Last Week
Wow, I couldn’t have put this better myself. I totally agree that we worry far too much about protein in our society.
How stunning do these pancakes look? They are just begging to be tried…
Some great tips on eating out as a vegan but I especially loved the advice on how to just generally love food and avoid being a picky eater!
And just a quick request- PLEASE put a LINK BACK to this blog party on the post you are linking. We want to try and spread the word about Healthy Vegan Friday and would really appreciate your help doing so!
So, if you have a healthy vegan recipe (or 2) to share, please add it to the list below! If not, feel free to browse the submissions and get inspired! You can also check out our Pinterest board, Facebok Page and feel free to tweet about it using the hashtag #VeganFridays. Feel free to grab our button (code is on the sidebar) to help promote this even and show your vegan pride.
You don’t have to be vegan to submit, just needs to be a vegan recipe. so share that creativity of yours!
Thanks and happy Friday!
- maximum of 2 submissions per week
- you do not have to be a vegan food blogger to link up, but all recipes must be 100% vegan.
- all recipe submissions should focus on the most whole, unprocessed and unrefined ingredients as much as possible, although we will still accept recipes that make use of some processed/refined ingredients.
- you may submit current or past recipes, just make sure they are not ones that you have shared previously on this blog hop.
- besides recipes, feel free to submit informative posts that are aimed at promoting vegan, plant-based diets.
- you must provide a link back to this blog party on your submitted post. You can either grab our badge to display or a clickable link back somewhere on the post you are submitting.
- when linking up, please make sure to link back to the post you are submitting, not the homepage of your blog
By linking up to Healthy Vegan Fridays, you guarantee that the pictures and posts are your own and not that of someone else. You also agree to give permission to all hostesses (Gabby and Carrie) to make use of your pictures and posts on our own Healthy Vegan Friday posts, as well as giving us permission to re-post them on Pinterest, Twitter and/or Facebook.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020