How to make a watermelon smoothie using my favourite summer salad recipe (2 Recipes for the price of 1)
I will show you how to make a watermelon smoothie out of my favourite salad recipe so you can make a salad and a smoothie at the same time.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- ½ Cup Water: I didn’t add much liquid to my smoothie but you may need a little bit more so the watermelon doesn’t get stuck. Add as little as you can get away with.
- ¼ of a small watermelon. About 4 cups
- 1 small avocado
- ¼ Cucumber
- 10 mint leaves
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 Coriander leaves
- 1 Cup Oats (If you don’t have a powerful blender and want the smoothie very smooth you can soak the oats for an hour before blending)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ Cup Fennel (Optional or add ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds)
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge. For any further questions please read How to make a Green Thickie.
To make the watermelon summer salad:
- Add the ingredients in the same quantities as above but chop them all.
- Add them to a bowl and mix.
- You could also add a teaspoon of olive oil to the salad.
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 497g
- Calories: 340 17%
- Sugar: 21g 0%
- Sodium: 17mg 1%
- Fat: 11g 16%
- Saturated Fat: 2g 8%
- Carbohydrates: 59g 20%
- Fiber: 9g 37%
- Protein: 9g 17%