Crazy Coconut Pineapple and Spinach Smoothie
Sometimes you just need a thirst quenching snack. Sometimes you just want a drink that tastes good and has an abundance of nutrients. Sometimes you just need a traditional green smoothie. This Crazy Coconut, Pineapple and Spinach Smoothie will do just that.
Traditional Green Smoothies
What no Green Thickie recipe today I hear you cry? Don’t worry I’ve not taken a break from Green Thickies. I still drink them daily and have literally hundreds of recipes to share with you. But after all my heavy (but yet still healthy) ice cream recipes that I’ve been sharing lately I thought I’d go back to basics today with a traditional green smoothie recipe.
After the success of my recent post 10 Top Green Smoothie Recipes for International Green Smoothie Day, I realised how popular green smoothies are with you all, so in the future I’m going to try and bring you a lot more green smoothie (snacks) recipes as well as Green Thickie (meals) recipes. I’ll be sharing these either in the form of my own inventions or other people’s that I’ve tried and loved.
Do I drink both Green Smoothies and Green Thickies?
I don’t drink traditional green smoothies very often, but only because I don’t have time. That’s why I invented the green thickie. It fills me up and does the job of providing my nutrients, but if you want to get EVEN more nutrients and you have the time. I totally recommend snacking on green smoothies.
Crazy Coconut Pineapple and Spinach Smoothie
If you just fancy a quick healthy refreshing drink this is the way to go. This isn’t a meal so don’t expect it will fill you up for long but on a hot day it really hits the spot.
I have already shared this recipe as one of my 15 quick easy green smoothies, but I want to start adding more green smoothies to my recipe database along with descriptions and photos so I’m going to be highlighting them a lot more in the future.
This smoothie is what it is. If you like coconut and you like pineapple, you’ll adore this drink. As it doesn’t contain anything to make it creamy it has a funny pattern but I think it looks really pretty.
I’d love to know how often you drink thick filling green smoothies and how often you would make a more traditional thin green smoothie and how long they fill you up for.
Crazy Coconut Pineapple and Spinach Smoothie (Green Smoothie)
1 Cup *Water* (If you are drinking this straight away substitute half a cup of water for ice)
4 Cups *Pineapple* (1 medium pineapple chopped)
½ Cup shredded Coconut (Like this) (You could use coconut milk, creamed coconut or coconut meat)
1 Cup *Spinach*, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed (or other mild greens)OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
*Blend the ingredients in the following order:*
1. Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
2. Blend the greens next for a short time (if using)
3. Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a Green Thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
– _Add more water if required to thin it out._
– _Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have._
– _If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending. You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down._
*How much should I drink to replace a meal?*
– Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
– This Green Thickie serves 2 so you should *DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE*. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
*Suitable for Special Diets:*
– *Gluten free* (Use GF Oats or Quinoa)
– *Raw* (Use raw oats/quinoa)
– *Vegetarian*, *vegan*, *dairy free*, *egg free*, *refined sugar free*, *wheat free*, *soya free* (don’t use soya milk or tofu),
– *Salt free* (don’t add salt)
– *Nut free* (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
*More information about making the perfect Green Thickie*
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie
Please like this on G+ by clicking the + in the box. Thanks!
Did you enjoy this post? Like my Facebook Page for fun, freebies and interesting facts, and subscribe to my FREE 12 week e-course to get started with Green Smoothies, lose weight and transform your health.
Due to the popularity of essential oils with my readers, I now have an essential oils Facebook Group. If you want to know more about essential oils, please join us by clicking here
Do you have weight to lose? Are you struggling with your health? My new 7 Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Improved Health will give you the boost you are looking for. Click here to read more
Latest posts by Katherine Natalia @ Green Thickies (see all)
- Who wants to try Young Living essential oils – free! - March 20, 2015
- 5 Ways to Lose Weight Now With Natural Juices - March 13, 2015
- Join me for a weight loss tea challenge - December 23, 2014