Today I’m sharing my healthy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe. This delicious recipe contains only fruit, doesn’t require any baking, and is one of the tastiest treats I’ve tasted all year.
Indulgent? Guilty perhaps? Exhausted?
Certainly you’ll not be feeling like you’re able to go for a run.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
But that’s how you can feel after eating these cinnamon rolls, because they only contain fruit. Fruit digests very quickly and gives us abundant energy and nutrients.
These tasty morsels are so healthy, you could even eat them for breakfast!
Below I give you my fruit only, no bake, raw, vegan, cinnamon rolls recipe and I think you’re going to be blown away by how good these taste.
Mmmmm I’m getting hungry just thinking about them!
I first tasted these luscious creations at the UK Fruit Fest that I attended for the first time this year. These delicious sweet oozing creations came straight out of the dehydrator, lovely and warm and I couldn’t get enough of them.
We were given a demo by the chef showing us how to make them, and one of the first things I did when I got home was whip up a batch of these beauties.
My kids then proceeded to wolf them down, and I continued to experiment making chocolate and caramel versions to add to my repertoire.
These are so good for you and your family because it’s an easy way to get fruit into people who don’t like eating fruit – like my little boy. I can’t get him to eat fresh bananas but he adores these cinnamon rolls and I tell them they are a special treat, so he’s even more likely to want to eat them.
And even though you do have to wait a little time for these to be ready, the active preparation time is really fast, so it is something you can whip up while you’re pottering around the kitchen.
And don’t worry if you don’t have a dehydrator because I’m going to show you how to make these in the oven too.
All you need to do to make cinnamon rolls is to slice your bananas length ways, then spread date paste down it, roll it up and place in either the dehydrator or the oven.
If you want to make chocolate cinnamon rolls, all you need to do is add some carob or cacao powder to the date paste. I prefer to use carob powder as it doesn’t contain caffeine, is high in protein and antioxidants, and tastes a lot sweeter than cacao. Plus who wants hyper kids who won’t go to bed at night?
Let’s make magic with fruit!
- Peel your bananas
- Lay your banana flat on a chopping board and press down with one hand on the top of the banana
- Slice the banana lengthways into three sections
- Lay your banana slices flat on either a dehydrator sheet or a non stick oven tray
- Bake for 1 hour at 250F/ 120C or dehydrate at 115F/45C for 6 hours
- Make your date paste by blending your dates, water and cinnamon in a blender for 1 minute or until smooth. If you want to make a chocolate sauce, include carob or cacao powder with this too.
- Spread each banana slice with a layer of date paste
- Roll each slice up.
- You can leave each roll up small if you want small bite sized cinnamon rolls, but if you want bigger ones, simply add more date paste to another banana slice and roll that round the outside of the small roll to make a bigger roll.
- If you want to add a sprinkle of raisins to the top, you can do that now.
- You can also make a glaze by mixing some leftover date paste with a little bit of water and pouring that over the top of each cinnamon roll. They taste great without this though.
- Return the cinnamon rolls to the oven at the same temperature for 1-2 hours until they’ve reached the firmness of your choice. Or return to the dehydrator for 3-6 hours.
- If you don’t gobble these all up in one go, and you do actually want to store these, they keep for longer stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. The harder they are, the more dehydrated they are, the longer they will keep. But I prefer them nice and soft and juicy.
* The raisins can be used as an added sprinkle if you fancy it.
Check out the Resources below to get the links to the equipment I used to create this recipe.
I hope you enjoyed this fruit only, cinnamon rolls recipe.
If you liked this post you’ll probably like some of my other posts too such as my Raw Vegan Banana Pudding Recipe or my 1 Ingredient Banana Ice Cream Cones recipe.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started