Today I’m showing you How To Make Banana Chips (2 Ways). You can either bake the chips in the oven, or use a much healthier way to preserve the nutrients, which is to keep the bananas raw and use a dehydrator.
They are the perfect candy because they are made from fruit which is incredibly nutritious.
Snacking on banana chips will stop you from bingeing on other much more unhealthy snacks.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
The only problem with banana chips that you buy in the stores is they are usually coated in some kind of unhealthy syrup or refined sugar. This will give you blood sugar spikes, and be damaging for your health.
So its healthier and safer to make your own banana chips at home. It’s actually really fast and easy to make your own banana chips.
This is a recipe I make every week without fail and I think you’ll be joining me once you learn how to do this.
I mainly make these for my kids, especially my son who doesn’t really like eating that much fresh fruit. He doesn’t like eating fresh bananas but he adores these banana chips and he could easily eat 2-3 bananas just in chip form.
So once a week I just prepare a batch of these from all of my ripe bananas. I usually fill my whole dehydrator with these and I might use about 80 bananas in one batch. It sounds like a lot but I’ve got a great tool that enables me to prepare a large batch very quickly. Check it out in the video or the recipe below.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Because using a dehydrator preserves most of the nutrients, that is my favourite method. I highly suggest saving up for a dehydrator as you can get a really good one for quite a reasonable price now. Get the links to all the resources I use in the Magical Resources section below.
- As many ripe bananas as you’d like to use that will fit in your dehydrator or oven. I suggest starting with 5 bananas.
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Peel the bananas and slice them fairly thinly - about ¼ inch slices. Try and get them all similar sizes otherwise some will be ready and others will need longer. This is not so much of an issue in the dehdyrator but it does mean that the thinner bananas will become much harder than the thicker bananas. To avoid this problem, I use my Banana Slicer. All you do is put the peeled banana underneath it and push down. The slices of bananas are all cut at the same time and they are all the same width. You can get really fast at this very quickly using this tool.
- Lay out all of your banana slices on your dehydrator tray or non stick oven mat. It doesn’t matter if the slices touch each other as they are going to shrink in size.
Sprinkle the slices with cinnamon if you are using it. You could also use carob or cacao powder instead of the cinnamon.
- Dehydrate for about 24 hours at 115F/45C until the bananas are at your desired hardness. The harder they become, the longer they will last.
- You can also bake them in the oven at 225F/105 C for 2-3 hours. But check on them every half an hour to see how well they are cooking as you might need to remove them earlier than planned.
- You can store the banana chips in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 months depending on how much moisture was removed during the baking.
- Another variation is to slice the bananas lengthways which makes great banana slices for cinnamon rolls.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe showing you how to make banana chips 2 ways .
If you liked this recipe you’ll probably like some of my other recipes in my “How To Eat A Banana Series” such as my Cinnamon Rolls Recipe using only fruit or my Banana Ice Cream Cones recipe.
Why Minions Love Bananas
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- Over 200 Fruit Recipes: Complete Guide To Fruit
- 21 Lowest Calorie Fruits For Weight Loss List
- 10 Awesome New Ways To Eat More Fruits For Health
- Is Sugar And Fruit Bad For Us? (I Reveal The Truth)
- 10 Best Fruit Based Meals (Raw Vegan)
- FREE Weight Loss Green Smoothie Recipe Card
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started