Banana and Caramel Smoothie
4 Way Smoothie
I couldn’t publish a recipe for caramel without a caramel smoothie to go with it. The caramel in this banana and caramel smoothie makes it so sweet and creamy. This smoothie feels like a really indulgent treat. I’ve recently been away for a while staying with family so I’ve not been creating as many smoothies as I normally do, but I did make this one before I went and couldn’t wait to share it with you. It was lovely to relax and do some reading while I was away as I hardly used my laptop at all. I read some great health books including The Coconut Oil Miracle and it was extremely convincing. I had actually read a similar book on my quest to overcome chronic fatigue syndrome and I did start to include coconut oil in my diet and did feel a lot better. However I soon forgot about the benefits of coconut when I started the 80/10/10 Diet. I have always been a big believer of the health benefits of unprocessed foods and all fruits and vegetables but I was still undecided about the fat content in coconut. However once you read this book I’m sure you’ll be just as convinced as I am that coconut is extremely good for you, and pretty much the more the better. So I’ve started including much more coconut in my diet which involves putting more coconut in my smoothies and using coconut oil for all my cooking. But don’t worry I’ll still give you a balance of smoothies that don’t all contain coconut. I’m going to be posting much more on the benefits of coconut in the future.
Banana and Caramel Smoothie
I originally created this smoothie without coconut milk but I think it tastes so much creamier and richer with it. I’m not usually a fan of walnuts in smoothies but I think it goes so well in this smoothie. The caramel makes the smoothie so sweet, the nuttiness of the walnuts really balance out the sweetness. This recipe includes a one ingredient vegan caramel. To learn how to make caramel, you can have a look at my previous recipe which was a big hit! Remember to allow your caramel to soften before you add it to your blender otherwise it will be like a a big brick flying around in there.
[tweetherder]This banana and Caramel smoothie is made with a beautiful homemade vegan caramel.[/tweetherder]
Banana and Caramel Smoothie
This banana and Caramel smoothie is made with a beautiful homemade vegan caramel.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
FRUIT SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS:
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- 1 Cup of Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk) If you are drinking this straight away substitute half a cup for ice.
- ¼ Cup of Walnuts (or any nuts and seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons of Caramel
- 3 Bananas
TO MAKE INTO A GREEN SMOOTHIE Add:
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or any other mild greens) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
TO MAKE INTO A FRUIT THICKIE Add:
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
TO MAKE INTO A GREEN THICKIE Add:
- If your caramel is too hard, make sure you soften it first by placing the bowl/jar in another bowl of boiling water.
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- If you are making a green smoothie blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out. Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
The calories shown are for half of the fruit smoothie ingredients listed as this smoothie serves 2.
- Serving Size: 500 ml/ 1 pint/ 20 oz
- Calories: 560
- Sugar: 38g
- Sodium: 94mg
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020