I’ve got something very exciting to share with you today. Green Thickies is now a co-host for the blog party Healthy Vegan Fridays. If you don’t know what a blog party (Also called a Blog Hop and a linky party) is, it’s a regular post where other bloggers can share their best articles and readers can find a great collection of similar posts that they are interested in.
Healthy Vegan Fridays is a blog party sharing all the best healthy vegan food and information based around whole foods and minimizing processed foods. It is also hosted by Carrie @ Carrie on Vegan, and Gabby @ The Veggie Nook. If you’ve seen my 8 Best Vegan Blogs post then you’ll already know what a massive fan I am of these 2 blogs. So when I heard they were looking for a third co-host I jumped at the chance and was honoured to be selected. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know what a believer I am in eating whole foods for health and I’ve loved Healthy Vegan Fridays since it began. I’ve got so much inspiration, knowledge and great recipes from this blog hop every week and I really hope you get as much out of it as I have.
So every week from now on Green Thickies will be bringing you all the best Healthy Vegan recipes and articles to help you get healthy from Healthy Vegan Fridays. If you are a blogger I’d love it if you shared your best healthy vegan recipes here and help to spread the word about this great blog party. If you don’t have a blog you are welcome to share your favourite recipes in the comments and enjoy the great selection of articles each week.
Every week we start by highlighting the top 3 most popular posts based on the number of clicks they received. Then each of us choose our personal favourites from the collection. After this you will find all the articles that have been shared so far this week. This blog party is open for submissions from Friday until Tuesday each week. The later you view this post in the week the more submissions there will be so make sure you check this post again after Tuesday to see all the entries that we’ve received for the week.
We start by recapping the best posts from last week and after that you will see all the posts submitted so far this week:
Most Popular Submissions
1: How To Go Vegan
This is a great post to share with you on this blog as I know a lot of my readers aren’t vegan, so if you are interested, this article will be a great place to start.
2: TOP 10 POSTS OF 2012
There is so much great information on this post that I’m sure there is something for everyone here. I certainly learned a thing or two!
3: Crunchy Cabbage Salad with Orange-Tahini Dressing
I adore coleslaw and this looks so amazingly healthy, what vibrant colours!
My Favourites from Last Week
A lot of people think going vegan or eating healthier is more expensive. This article explains how to save money on a vegan diet.
Lately I’ve been really getting into finding out more about different grains so it’s good to see an alternative grain being used for breakfast.
I just love the idea of trying meal plans from other cultures especially when you can make a lot of it in batches!
And just a quick request- PLEASE put a LINK BACK to this blog party on the post you are linking. We want to try and spread the word about Healthy Vegan Friday and would really appreciate your help doing so!
So, if you have a healthy vegan recipe (or 2) to share, please add it to the list below! If not, feel free to browse the submissions and get inspired! You can also check out our Pinterest board and feel free to tweet about it using the hashtag #VeganFridays. Feel free to grab our button (code is on the sidebar) to help promote this even and show your vegan pride.
You don’t have to be vegan to submit, just needs to be a vegan recipe. so share that creativity of yours!
Thanks and happy Friday!
- maximum of 2 submissions per week
- you do not have to be a vegan food blogger to link up, but all recipes must be 100% vegan.
- all recipe submissions should focus on the most whole, unprocessed and unrefined ingredients as much as possible, although we will still accept recipes that make use of some processed/refined ingredients.
- you may submit current or past recipes, just make sure they are not ones that you have shared previously on this blog hop.
- besides recipes, feel free to submit informative posts that are aimed at promoting vegan, plant-based diets.
- you must provide a link back to this blog party on your submitted post. You can either grab our badge to display or a clickable link back somewhere on the post you are submitting. You can use this code if you want to display the badge:<a href=”http://www.greenthickies.com/healthy-vegan-fridays” target=”_blank”><img alt=”Healthy Vegan Fridays With Green Thickies”src=” http://www.greenthickies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Healthy-Vegan-Fridays.jpg”/></a>
- when linking up, please make sure to link back to the post you are submitting, not the homepage of your blog
By linking up to Healthy Vegan Fridays, you guarantee that the pictures and posts are your own and not that of someone else. You also agree to give permission to all hostesses (Gabby and Carrie) to make use of your pictures and posts on our own Healthy Vegan Friday posts, as well as giving us permission to re-post them on Pinterest, Twitter and/or Facebook.
Healthy Vegan Fridays blog hop
Please visit some of the posts below and leave a comment. You can submit your posts at the bottom.