Welcome to Healthy Vegan Fridays! This week has been a tough one. My toddler has started picking up regular bugs from the groups that we go to. She usually recovers quickly but this week we’ve had a bad stomach bug and a cold together that has lasted all week. I’m feeling very vulnerable and run down this pregnancy probably due to my low iron, so I’m looking forward to having the baby and not having to share my nutrients anymore. It’s also quite disheartening to feel so run down for such a long time when I’ve been so healthy with my diet this pregnancy. I’ve made pretty much everything from scratch and eaten loads of fruit and vegetables. It’s very hard not to question your diet sometimes and wonder if it’s really the right thing for you. We all have to experiment with our diets and find out what works best for us. There are so many gurus out there that are so convinced they have the healthiest diet but I don’t believe that one size fits all when it comes to diet. Hopefully after the baby is born I’ll start feeling a lot better so I’ll just bide my time until then. I hope you’ve had a great week and I’m looking forward to all your amazing posts again this week.
For those of you who don’t know, Healthy Vegan Fridays is a weekly blog hop hosted by myself, Carrie @ Carrie on Vegan, and Gabby @ The Veggie Nook. It is a place to share your healthy vegan recipes that make use of whole ingredients and minimize the use of processed and refined foods. The recipes shared on this link up are intended to emphasis the beauty, creativity and benefits of a healthy, plant-based diet!
Recap of last week:
Most Popular Submissions
My Favourites from Last Week
There is some great advice for staying healthy here. It’s good to know I’m on the right track even though I’m not feeling like it at the moment!
I don’t know about you but chocolate and mint is one of my favourite flavour combinations and this looks amazing!
This is my kind of recipe, something you don’t need to cook or even get your blender out for!
And just a quick request- PLEASE put a LINK BACK to this blog party on the post you are linking. We want to try and spread the word about Healthy Vegan Friday and would really appreciate your help doing so!
So, if you have a healthy vegan recipe (or 2) to share, please add it to the list below! If not, feel free to browse the submissions and get inspired! You can also check out our Pinterest board, Facebok Page and feel free to tweet about it using the hashtag #VeganFridays. Feel free to grab our button (code is on the sidebar) to help promote this even and show your vegan pride.
You don’t have to be vegan to submit, just needs to be a vegan recipe. so share that creativity of yours!
Thanks and happy Friday!
- maximum of 2 submissions per week
- you do not have to be a vegan food blogger to link up, but all recipes must be 100% vegan.
- all recipe submissions should focus on the most whole, unprocessed and unrefined ingredients as much as possible, although we will still accept recipes that make use of some processed/refined ingredients.
- you may submit current or past recipes, just make sure they are not ones that you have shared previously on this blog hop.
- besides recipes, feel free to submit informative posts that are aimed at promoting vegan, plant-based diets.
- you must provide a link back to this blog party on your submitted post. You can either grab our badge to display or a clickable link back somewhere on the post you are submitting.
- when linking up, please make sure to link back to the post you are submitting, not the homepage of your blog
By linking up to Healthy Vegan Fridays, you guarantee that the pictures and posts are your own and not that of someone else. You also agree to give permission to all hostesses (Gabby and Carrie) to make use of your pictures and posts on our own Healthy Vegan Friday posts, as well as giving us permission to re-post them on Pinterest, Twitter and/or Facebook.