This is a guest post by Joanna from GreenReset.com. She has amazing resources to help you with your journey into health and a wealth of information about green smoothies, vegan diets and she shares her own powerful story. Check it out now! Thank you so much for providing some great information about juicing. A lot of people who are interested in green smoothies will also want to know about juicing so here is a great introduction and a gorgeous juice recipe from Joanna.
I used to love making fresh juice, but since I started drinking green smoothies and green thickies (inspired by Katherine), I haven’t really been juicing that much. Until this spring…when I started craving juice again. So, I purchased a new juicer (it was time for an upgrade) and started a mini juicing-reboot along with my husband.
I mean, smoothies are great – they are filling and nutritious, but juices (especially, green juice) give you that instant shot of pure energy. Once you drink a glass of fresh juice, you instantly feel recharged, invigorated and ready to go.
Unfortunately, since I spend a lot of time working at the computer, lately I started to over-indulge in coffee, a habit I wish I could kick. If I drink coffee regularly, what happens is I start feeling drained at mid-day, and I get headaches when I skip my morning fix. So, I’m hoping juicing will help me get rid of my coffee addiction, while giving me that energy boost I need in the morning.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
There is no use debating the benefits of juicing versus blending, as both are terrific and there is no reason not to do them both. If your juicer is gathering dust in your kitchen cabinet, here are the things you may want to think about:
– Juicing allows you to get concentrated nutrition from plant foods that most of us don’t regularly eat. I mean, even if you love smoothies and salads and eat them every day, when was the last time you had cabbage, beets or radishes? Even if you are courageous enough to add them to your smoothies, it’s probably only in small quantities. All these ingredients are very rich in various disease-fighting, health-promoting, immune-system-boosting nutrients that your body needs. Most people don’t love these veggies and don’t eat enough of them, and juicing makes consuming them even in large quantities easy.
– You may be reluctant to juice because you feel it’s expensive and wasteful. I too often feel bad throwing away all this pulp after juicing. Especially if you buy organic produce, juicing can become a costly habit. However, because I stick to juicing mostly root vegetables (beets, carrots, radishes, red potatoes), cruciferous vegetables, such as cabbage, with a few other ingredients added for taste or sweetness (pears, apples, celery, cucumbers, ginger), I can keep the cost down. Also, you can re-use some of the pulp (for example, from carrots, celery, or apples) while making veggie burgers, soups, or cakes.
– Another concern people have is that juicing is time consuming. While it’s true that juicing takes more time than making smoothies, you can minimize the time spent on making juices and cleaning up. If you do it right, it’ll be time well spent. First of all, I recommend investing in a juicer with a wide chute – this will save you lots of time on cutting your veggies. If you have the space, keep it on the counter, or in an easily accessible spot. Another tip is to clean up immediately after making the juice – the machine is easier to wash up when the pulp hasn’t dried up yet. Plus, the smell of the cabbage pulp in your kitchen is not something you want to come back to after whole day at work (you may even want to take it out to trash in a small bag, unless of course you compost).
Good Morning Cocktail: Fennel, Carrot, Apple Juice
Here is a recipe for you to try. This is a great pick-me-up juice for the morning. Fennel juice has been used as a traditional tonic to help the body release endorphins, the “feel-good” peptides, from the brain into the bloodstream. Endorphins help to reduce anxiety and fear, while generating a mood of euphoria.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
I’ve never tried juicing fennel until recently. Turns out, I don’t like fennel juice on its own, but it’s delicious with apple and carrots. In this recipe, I also used cucumber and ginger, plus a handful of kale (you can use spinach or other greens, or don’t add the greens at all and have them in your smoothie).Print
A Few Juicing Tips, Plus a Good Morning Cocktail Juice Recipe
- 1 green apple
- 2–3 carrots
- 1 fennel stalk with bulb and fronds
- 1 small cucumber, peeled if not organic
- 1 handful of spinach or other greens (optional)
- 1 inch piece of ginger root
- Juice all ingredients in your juicer.
- Sip and enjoy!
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020