I’ve absolutely loved having so many guest posts (thank you!) while I’ve been adjusting to life with my new baby. But now I’m feeling a million times better, things have settled into a great routine and I’m rearing to go with my smoothie creations again.
I just really love all aspects of creating recipes for Green Thickies. I love coming up with new ideas for smoothies, testing the recipes, trying to improve my photography taking images in different ways. My favourite part is editing the photos, and then of course writing the recipe posts. There is quite a lot that goes into a recipe blog but I do enjoy every aspect of it and I’m so glad that you are using my recipes. That makes it all worthwhile for me.
This smoothie is so simple as it’s just literally fruit and veg which makes it easy on the digestion and suitable for lots of different diets including raw, paleo, gluten free, grain free, vegan, sugar free and many more.
You have the option with this smoothie to cook your sweet potato or leave it raw (better to have a more powerful blender if using raw sweet potato) or leave the potato out all together.
You might think it’s weird putting sweet potato in a smoothie but it actually works so well. Especially sweet potato as it’s so naturally sweet that you don’t actually need any additional sweeteners in this smoothie at all.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
You would blend sweet potato for a soup wouldn’t you? So now it’s time to take it one step further and add it to your smoothie.
This sweet potato, peach and apricot smoothie is sweet, zingy and extremely fresh tasting.
Have you ever tried sweet potato in your smoothie?Print
Sweet potato, peach and apricot smoothie (Green Thickie)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- 3 Oranges (Or 2 cups of orange juice)
- 4 Peaches (or nectarines or 2 mangos)
- 2 Apricots
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 juice Lime
- 1 cup Sweet potato (1 Medium potato peeled and cubed. Can use raw or cooked and cooled.)
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Green Smoothie (Optional):
- 1 cup Leafy greens (Such as spinach, chard, kale, lettuce or bok/pak choy)
- OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the greens (if using) and oranges/ orange juice first for a short time
- Blend the other fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a green thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending in this order allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending. You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This green thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free, raw, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free, salt free, nut free
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
FREE Green Smoothie Online ClassI lost 56 pounds in a few months with my Green Smoothie Detox. This video shows you how you can do the same. Take my 28 day challenge to drop a whole dress size in one month following this easy plan. Best of all, you'll barely spend any time in the kitchen, and you can even eat on the go if you need to. This detox only contains natural ingredients you can buy locally. These meals are very simple and quick to make, and they still taste delicious. Click here to Watch my FREE video today. (No opt in required)
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020
Hello, I am unable to download any of your attachments. The download always stops at 50%. I thought I had purchased the Dessert Thickies Recipe Book? However, I can not download the desert smoothies cheat sheet or any other additional bonuses. Can you please help! Thanks for your time!
Hi Deb have you emailed Green Thickies directly about this? If you do with your proof of purchase I will be able to resend to you. Cathy