I’ve absolutely loved having so many guest posts (thank you!) while I’ve been adjusting to life with my new baby. But now I’m feeling a million times better, things have settled into a great routine and I’m rearing to go with my smoothie creations again.
I just really love all aspects of creating recipes for Green Thickies. I love coming up with new ideas for smoothies, testing the recipes, trying to improve my photography taking images in different ways. My favourite part is editing the photos, and then of course writing the recipe posts. There is quite a lot that goes into a recipe blog but I do enjoy every aspect of it and I’m so glad that you are using my recipes. That makes it all worthwhile for me.
This smoothie is so simple as it’s just literally fruit and veg which makes it easy on the digestion and suitable for lots of different diets including raw, paleo, gluten free, grain free, vegan, sugar free and many more.
You have the option with this smoothie to cook your sweet potato or leave it raw (better to have a more powerful blender if using raw sweet potato) or leave the potato out all together.
You might think it’s weird putting sweet potato in a smoothie but it actually works so well. Especially sweet potato as it’s so naturally sweet that you don’t actually need any additional sweeteners in this smoothie at all.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
You would blend sweet potato for a soup wouldn’t you? So now it’s time to take it one step further and add it to your smoothie.
This sweet potato, peach and apricot smoothie is sweet, zingy and extremely fresh tasting.
Have you ever tried sweet potato in your smoothie?Print
Sweet potato, peach and apricot smoothie (Green Thickie)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- 3 Oranges (Or 2 cups of orange juice)
- 4 Peaches (or nectarines or 2 mangos)
- 2 Apricots
- 1 Apple
- 1/2 juice Lime
- 1 cup Sweet potato (1 Medium potato peeled and cubed. Can use raw or cooked and cooled.)
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Green Smoothie (Optional):
- 1 cup Leafy greens (Such as spinach, chard, kale, lettuce or bok/pak choy)
- OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the greens (if using) and oranges/ orange juice first for a short time
- Blend the other fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a green thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending in this order allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending. You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This green thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free, raw, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free, salt free, nut free
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020