Berry Smoothie Recipe: Green Thickie
This antioxidant loaded berry smoothie recipe has a variety of fibre rich berries. It is more on the thin side as it doesn’t contain any filling fruit such as mango or banana. If you prefer your green smoothie thinner, this is a great choice for you. It could be referred to as a ‘Thinnie Thickie’! It is still a complete meal though and due to the amount of fibre in berries will keep you going for longer too. The leaves I used had a fairly strong bitter taste which is why I included more sweetner than I would do normally so feel free to adjust this to suit your own tastes.
Benefits of this Berry Smoothie Recipe
All berries are full of antioxidants which are great at protecting your body from inflammation and damaging free radicals. Studies have shown that just consuming half a cup of mixed berried per day helped improve cognition and motor performance. This can really help if you suffer from swelling or allergies.
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*Print
Berry Smoothie Recipe: Reduce Inflammation
This antioxidant loaded berry smoothie recipe has a variety of fibre rich berries.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Oat Milk (or any other dairy free milk e.g. rice, soya, almond, hemp coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Oats (use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet)
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 T Agave Nectar
- ½ Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Cup Spinach OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes to it which may make the recipe thinner.
- You could also use frozen fruit which keeps it cool while blending but may make the recipe thicker.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
Find some more great Green Smoothie Recipes with Blueberry at Incredible Smoothies. A great resource for many green smoothies. Just add oats and seeds/nuts to any green smoothie to turn it into a Green Thickie.
Please rate this recipe and leave a comment. Help to spread the word about Green Thickies and share this recipe. Many thanks and blessings to you.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020