Well today is my due date and there is still no sign of my baby. I was convinced this baby would come early as it feels so low down but I guess they are too comfortable in there at the moment.
This is the last of my cheap smoothies and I drank this on Day 3 of living below the poverty line. I have shared 3 frugal smoothie recipes with you now from my Live Below The Line Project. You can also find the recipes for Ginger Cake Smoothie and Sweet Almond Surprise Smoothie. All these smoothies are full meals and will fill you up until your next meal. They contain more oats than my usual recipes and less fruit so they are much cheaper, so you can still get a healthy balanced meal for a fraction of the cost of a normal smoothie.
As I am about to have a baby I am going to be inviting guest posts from other bloggers who will share green smoothie recipes, green juices blended green foods or health articles with you in the next few weeks. I’ll still be doing Healthy Vegan Fridays blog hops and while I get settled with my baby I hope you enjoy some different types of posts from my fabulous guests.
If you are a blogger and are interested in having a guest post published on green thickies, please contact me by email. GreenThickies @ gmail dot com. I will try and respond to you asap but if you don’t hear from me within 4 weeks please remind me. I will need a photo of any recipes and I prefer less processed and less refined ingredients in recipes and for them to include greens.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Cheap Smoothies 3: Mint Refresher (Frugal Full Meal Green Smoothie)
- 1 & 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
- 4 tablespoons Flaxseeds ((Use Ground Flaxseeds if you don’t have a powerful blender or grind your own in a coffee grinder to save more money))
- 5oz Frozen Spinach ((140 grams (About 3 cubes) or about 1 cup of fresh spinach) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 3 small Bananas ((Frozen bananas will keep the smoothie cool. )
- 1 teaspoon Mint Extract (Or Peppermint Oil (Food Grade))
- 2 & 1/2 cups Water
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- If you are making a green smoothie blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
This smoothie serves 2 but if you have an active job, do work outs or have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink both servings.
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie. Or read this guide on How to make a smoothie perfect every time.
Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
* If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet,) please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started