Soft Serve Chocolate Ice Cream with Optional Hidden Greens
This Chocolate Chia Dairy Free Ice Cream can either be a soft serve ice cream or if you leave it to melt in for the fridge for a while it doubles up as a fantastic chocolate pudding.
I have been busy lately trying to save money after over spending my whole pregnancy preparing for the baby and trying new healthy solutions to try and regain energy. So now with another mouth to feed soon I’m trying very hard to get my food shopping well under budget. So I’ve really enjoyed reading some frugal blogs lately that focus on saving money on food shopping and eating as ethically as possible. I came across this UK based blog, A Year Without Supermarkets that I am finding fascinating as the family keep their weekly food shopping to about half of my current spending and still avoid big chains. They buy a lot of their food from farmers markets which I love the idea of. I’d not be able to do that where I live as we have a market about once a month which is tiny and there is pretty much no fruit available most of the year. So I’m not going to try and avoid supermarkets myself but I am going to try and eat more ethically and save a lot of money too.
So it was with great interest that I saw their post on Live Below the Line. This is a campaign to stop poverty by raising money for charity by sticking to a very low food budget for 5 days. You can take part in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. In the UK it means sticking to a budget of just £1 per day! In the USA it is $1.50 per person per day. So you get an idea of how low this is! At first I didn’t think there was any way I’d be able to do this and still make healthy unprocessed meals but after some thought I have a plan so I’ve decided to take part. I’m going to be blogging during the lead up and for the 5 days at the end of April so watch this space! Of course this plan will involve some very frugal green thickie recipes!
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Chocolate Chia Dairy Free Ice Cream and living below the line
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons Chia Seed
- 4 tablespoons Ground Almonds/ Almond Flour
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1 cup Dairy Free Milk (Use your favourite milk – I used Almond Milk)
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa/ Carob/ Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Dates/ Date Paste/ Date Syrup
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Spinach or other mild greens
- Blend everything in a high speed blender. I used a Vitamix with a tamper for this recipe.
- Serve immediately (I sprinkled this with cacao nibs and dried coconut which is optional)
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020