This Coconut Mango Spinach Smoothie can also be easily turned into a complete meal replacement if you include the optional extra healthy fillers such as oats.
You can also easily convert this smoothie into a protein shake by including the optional natural plant based protein such as nuts or seeds.
I actually came across Amber’s blog a long time ago while searching for a good homemade chocolate recipe. So I was very pleased when she shared this gorgeous green smoothie recipe with me to share with you today.
Hello. My name is Amber and I run the alternative foods blog, The Tasty Alternative.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
The Tasty Alternative features dairy free, gluten free, cane-sugar free, soy free, and peanut free cuisine with an emphasis on The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) and Paleo recipes.
I’m so excited to be guest posting while Katherine enjoys her new precious baby boy. He is such a doll!! Congratulations to the family.
Coconut Mango Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen coconut milk cubes
- 1 cup fresh cut and frozen mango*
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 0.8 ounces of fresh organic spinach (about 1 1/2 cups) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hemp protein powder
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
Add the above ingredients to a blender and blend until well incorporated.
- Freeze mango at least 2 hours.
- There are a number of ways to make this smoothie. If you don’t have the time to freeze the coconut milk and the mango, you can just use ice (about 2 cups), 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup fresh mango. And you can add in your favorite protein powder. I happen to love hemp. Don’t like maple syrup? A few drops of stevia would work great, as would honey or coconut nectar.
This recipe is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020