How to No Poo
I keep my baking soda in a container in the shower. See other ways I use baking soda:
I put my apple cider vinegar (acv) in a spray bottle. Find it here. I dilute it half acv and half water. After I rinse the baking soda, I spray with the acv. Spray all of your hair from the scalp to the roots. Let it sit for about a minute. Then rinse. See other ways I use acv:
UPDATE: My No Poo was so popular and had so many questions that I created a book, The No Poo Solution to explain step by step exactly how to go No Poo and how to determine the right path to take for your own hair. Check it out here.
Questions from readers:
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Q: Wanting to try the no shampoo thing but I’m really freaked out about the oiliness while I transition. Do you think it would be easier to do in the winter to maybe prevent some of that? And what did you do with your hair on the really oily days? I’ve tried some homemade dry shampoos (baking soda, cornstarch etc.) but I hate the way they look in my dark hair. Any suggestions?
- A: The transition to no poo is crazy. I have a very casual job, so when my hair was crazy greasy, I just wore a hat. I don’t know if I would have made it through the transition if I had to appear professional. I have read some people say that their transition wasn’t bad. So I guess it just depends on your pH levels. I have used baking soda as a dry shampoo many times and agree about it not being good for dark hair. For using baking soda instead of shampoo, you rinse it out, so that’s not an issue. I don’t know about winter vs. summer. But it makes sense. It would make sense that if you normally wash your hair less in the winter, the transition would be easier then. And I’m sure less humidity and sweating would be more ideal. So I bet you’re right!
Hello everyone! I’m Ashlee from The Crunchy Moose, a blog about naturally living. I am a stay at home mom who is passionate about whole food and the local environment. I started my natural journey several years ago after 3 years of back surgeries. Making some simple changes in my life stopped the seemingly endless back surgery cycle immediately and I’m now stronger and healthier than the doctors said was possible. I recently sold my retail store to spend time with my growing family. My son was adopted last year and is now 15 months old. I am also a volunteer at a local, organic farm. I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina and now live with my husband & son in the suburbs of Dallas.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020