Welcome to Healthy Vegan Fridays. I hope you’ve had a good week. This week I got back my results from my pregnancy blood tests which showed I’m very low in Iron. This explains why I’ve been so tired my whole pregnancy. Supposedly half of all pregnancies result in anemia. That’s a crazily high figure. Why is it so difficult to get enough Iron during pregnancy? I’ve been doing a lot of reading around this and found out that women need to double their iron intake during their pregnancies and if they are breastfeeding they need to up it even more. I didn’t find out I was pregnant for about 6 weeks and had gone off my food during this time so I was hardly taking in any iron from my food. I also wasn’t taking a pre-natal vitamin so it’s no wonder I am low in iron. I did some calculations and my diet is high enough in iron normally for a non pregnant person, but I suspect having my babies so close together and continuing to breastfeed during my pregnancy just completely wiped out my stores. During my first pregnancy I started off with good levels which dropped to the lower end of normal at the end of my pregnancy. It is not something vegans normally need to worry about as long as they are eating a whole foods diet and absorbing the iron OK, but during pregnancy it can get depleted very quickly. So I’m having to supplement with a very high dose of prescribed iron which I’m not a fan of but it’s important to get my levels back up quickly before my birth, and hopefully my energy will return before long. I’d be interested to hear if you’ve ever had a problem with low iron?
We had 57 entries last week! If you missed them, you can check them out here. I could seriously plan all my meals from the submissions we get to Healthy Vegan Fridays.
For those of you who don’t know, Healthy Vegan Fridays is a weekly blog hop hosted by myself, Carrie @ Carrie on Vegan, and Gabby @ The Veggie Nook. It is a place to share your healthy vegan recipes that make use of whole ingredients and minimize the use of processed and refined foods. The recipes shared on this link up are intended to emphasis the beauty, creativity and benefits of a healthy, plant-based diet!
Recap of last week:
Most Popular Submissions
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
My Favourites from Last Week
This is one of my comfort foods. You can’t get better than a good tofu scramble!
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Day 1 of 92-Day Juice/Water Fast
I am so inspired by fasting. I could barely stick to a week on a juice fast so I’ll be really interested to follow a masssive 92 day fast!
Would you believe these crackers are vegan and healthy? How amazing do they look!
And just a quick request- PLEASE put a LINK BACK to this blog party on the post you are linking. We want to try and spread the word about Healthy Vegan Friday and would really appreciate your help doing so!
So, if you have a healthy vegan recipe (or 2) to share, please add it to the list below! If not, feel free to browse the submissions and get inspired! You can also check out our Pinterest board, Facebok Page and feel free to tweet about it using the hashtag #VeganFridays. Feel free to grab our button (code is on the sidebar) to help promote this even and show your vegan pride.
You don’t have to be vegan to submit, just needs to be a vegan recipe. so share that creativity of yours!
Thanks and happy Friday!
- maximum of 2 submissions per week
- you do not have to be a vegan food blogger to link up, but all recipes must be 100% vegan.
- all recipe submissions should focus on the most whole, unprocessed and unrefined ingredients as much as possible, although we will still accept recipes that make use of some processed/refined ingredients.
- you may submit current or past recipes, just make sure they are not ones that you have shared previously on this blog hop.
- besides recipes, feel free to submit informative posts that are aimed at promoting vegan, plant-based diets.
- you must provide a link back to this blog party on your submitted post. You can either grab our badge to display or a clickable link back somewhere on the post you are submitting.
- when linking up, please make sure to link back to the post you are submitting, not the homepage of your blog
By linking up to Healthy Vegan Fridays, you guarantee that the pictures and posts are your own and not that of someone else. You also agree to give permission to all hostesses (Gabby and Carrie) to make use of your pictures and posts on our own Healthy Vegan Friday posts, as well as giving us permission to re-post them on Pinterest, Twitter and/or Facebook.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020