You can also easily convert this Watermelon Smoothie into a protein shake by including the optional natural plant based protein such as nuts or seeds.
I have a more unusual seasonal smoothie recipe to share with you today.
I will be showing you how to make a watermelon smoothie out of my favourite salad recipe so you can make a salad and a smoothie at the same time. So you can have your breakfast and your lunch with the same great ingredients saving you time and money.
Watermelon, Avocado and Fennel Salad
The first time I had this salad I knew it was going to be one of my firm favourites. I’ve never tasted a salad so fresh and sweet. All the flavours are perfectly balanced. Every time I share this salad people can’t get enough of it.
Fresh Summer Watermelon Smoothie
The smoothie includes fennel which tastes a bit like aniseed but really adds a kick to the recipe. he avocado balances out the watery nature of the avocado and gives the smoothie a creamy texture. This is a good smoothie for you if you don’t like it to be oversweet. It’s an interesting taste and I’m sure you’ll find it as refreshing as I do.
Fennel is in season at the moment but a lot of big supermarkets will sell fennel all year round. If you can’t find fennel you could add some crushed fennel seeds to the salad and smoothie instead or just leave it out completely. It will still taste great without the fennel.
I really love cooking big batches of meals or combining two jobs together to save myself time.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
You can apply the same principal to any green thickie that you make, simply take the fruit, greens and seeds, chop them up and add them to a bowl with your favourite salad dressing.
It will save you so much time.
Getting more fruit in your diet
If you’ve never had fruit in a salad before, you’re missing out.
Fruit livens up any salad and actually makes it much easier to eat. It’s also a perfect way to get more fruit into your diet.
If you have a look at my latest post ‘Finding fruit boring? 10 Inventive new ways to eat more fruits for health’, you will find 10 ways to get more fruit into your diet.
How to make a Watermelon Smoothie
If you intend to make any of your own smoothie recipes and you want to know how to make a watermelon smoothie taste good, the secret is to balance the high water content of the melon out with something creamy.
In this case the avocado is the perfect ingredient.
The oats also do a great job of adding creaminess to this smoothie.
Also, because watermelon contain so much water you probably won’t need to any much water if any at all. Add just enough so your blender still turns.
I hope you really enjoy both this fresh summer salad and tangy fresh smoothie.
Do you have any great ways you save time when you’re preparing food?
Suitable for Special Diets
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*
* If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet, please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.Print
How to make a watermelon smoothie using my favourite summer salad recipe (2 Recipes for the price of 1)
I will show you how to make a watermelon smoothie out of my favourite salad recipe so you can make a salad and a smoothie at the same time.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- ½ Cup Water: I didn’t add much liquid to my smoothie but you may need a little bit more so the watermelon doesn’t get stuck. Add as little as you can get away with.
- ¼ of a small watermelon. About 4 cups
- 1 small avocado
- ¼ Cucumber
- 10 mint leaves
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 Coriander leaves
- 1 Cup Oats (If you don’t have a powerful blender and want the smoothie very smooth you can soak the oats for an hour before blending)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ Cup Fennel (Optional or add ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds)
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge. For any further questions please read How to make a Green Thickie.
To make the watermelon summer salad:
- Add the ingredients in the same quantities as above but chop them all.
- Add them to a bowl and mix.
- You could also add a teaspoon of olive oil to the salad.
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 497g
- Calories: 340 17%
- Sugar: 21g 0%
- Sodium: 17mg 1%
- Fat: 11g 16%
- Saturated Fat: 2g 8%
- Carbohydrates: 59g 20%
- Fiber: 9g 37%
- Protein: 9g 17%
If you are viewing this recipe on the recipage and would like to read the full post please go to: How to make a watermelon smoothie
Comments always put a smile on my face, so please take a minute to say hello below. Many thanks and blessings to you.
This recipe is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020