I have been dry body brushing for about 2 months and I love it! I initially started because I was hoping it would help reduce some varicose veins that have appeared (note: don’t brush varicose veins). So far, that hasn’t happened. But I have not giving up on that yet! I am hoping I see some results with that in a few more months. But what I wasn’t expecting was the almost instant reduction in cellulite!
What is Dry Body Brushing
A dry body brush has natural bristles and a long handle. I use this brush.
Body brushing should be done when your skin is dry, so before you shower.
Benefits of Dry Body Brushing
- Reduce cellulite
- Exfoliate dead cells
- Improve your immune system
- Increase circulation
- Detox your skin
- Unclogs your pours
How Dry Body Brushing Works
Lymph is a fluid in our circulatory system and it contains white blood cells, so lymph also affects our immune system. It picks up bacteria, toxins, and other waste from our blood and filters it through the lymph nodes, where the bacteria is destroyed. Poor blood circulation means the lymph cannot properly do it’s job resulting in cellulite, varicose veins, and a weakened immune system. Dry brushing improves the lymph flow.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
How To Dry Body Brush
- Dry brush when your body is dry, before you shower.
- Always brush towards your heart. Brushing away from your heart puts pressure on the veins. Plus, we are improving lymph flow. Lymph flows towards the heart.
- The first few times I did this, it was a little uncomfortable (the bristles are a little stiff). But by the end of the first week, I loved it and now find it relaxing.
- Start at your feet. Brush the bottoms of your feet. Then brush up your legs, long stroking motions towards your heart. I brush each area twice.
- Brush in circles around your knees.
- Brush your buttocks and inner thighs.
- Brush the sides of your torso and your lower back, upwards towards your heart.
- Brush your stomach in a clockwise circle around your belly button.
- Brush your hands and arms, starting with your hands and brush towards your shoulders.
- Brush from your upper back and over your shoulders.
- Brush clockwise circles around your breast (not on your breasts or nipples, just a big circle around your breasts).
- DO NOT brush over broken skin (cuts, etc.), varicose veins, or bruises.
- Do not brush your face. This brush is too harsh for the delicate skin on your face. If you want to brush your face (and it’s an excellent idea for exfoliating!), use a softer brush like this made for your face.
- The process should take between 5-15 minutes. I do a quick 5 minute brush every day and about once a week do a more detailed 15 minute brush.
- Take a shower after your dry brush.
- Shake your brush over the trash can to get rid of skin cells. Occasionally wash with soap and water. Let dry completely before using. I use this soap.
What I Noticed & My Experience With Dry Body Brushing
After about 3 days, my upper back and arms broke out. But it was the quickest break out I have ever had! The pimples came and went in about 24 hours. I know it was my skin detoxing.
I also noticed less cellulite in my butt, upper thighs, and hips after one week! Amazing.
After two weeks, I rarely needed body lotion. Because I was exfoliating dead and dry skin daily, my skin is more moisturized and I don’t need lotion near as often. If I skip a couple days of dry brushing, my skin is very dry.
For More Information:
- Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing from Thank Your Body
- Change Your Look By Getting Instant Skin Improvement With Body Brushing from La Healthy Living
Hello everyone! I’m Ashlee from The Crunchy Moose, a blog about naturally living. I am a stay at home mom who is passionate about whole food and the local environment. I started my natural journey several years ago after 3 years of back surgeries. Making some simple changes in my life stopped the seemingly endless back surgery cycle immediately and I’m now stronger and healthier than the doctors said was possible. I recently sold my retail store to spend time with my growing family. My son was adopted last year and is now 15 months old. I am also a volunteer at a local, organic farm. I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina and now live with my husband & son in the suburbs of Dallas.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020