Lime and Ginger Drink: Green Thickie
This Asian inspired lime and ginger drink will revive your energy levels and your taste buds. It is a very refreshing complete meal drink that has a very unique flavour. If you love ginger, you’ll definitely enjoy this green thickie.
Even if you find the taste of ginger overpowering, it’s health benefits are well worth including in your regular diet. Studies have found that ginger can help treat ovarian cancer, and prevent colon cancer. Ginger is widely used as an effective morning sickness remedy. In fact when I was pregnant I drank lemon and ginger tea every morning and didn’t have any morning sickness. Ginger has also been shown to relieve inflammation, migraines, menstrual pains and improve your immune system. A power house of benefits from this ginger drink.
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut freePrint
Lime and Ginger Drink: Immune Booster
Delightful Asian flavours with tangy ginger, refreshing lime and sweet coconut.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Oat Milk (or any other dairy free milk e.g. rice, soya, almond, hemp coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Cup Oats (use raw oat groats if following a raw food diet)
- 2 Tablespoons Linseeds
- 1 Cup Mango
- 2 Tablespoons desiccated coconut (or fresh if you can find it)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes to it.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
Have a look at this great Green Thickie given to teenagers to help them perform better at school. Green Thickies definitely help you think more clearly and keep you focused and energised at work.
I know you may not have time to digest all this right now, so I wanted to give you a handy print out of this blog post so you can stick it on your fridge to help you on your journey to optimal health.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020