When I was in hospital after my baby was born I realised the hospital food probably wasn’t going to help with my healing. I was craving fruit really badly so I asked my husband to bring me in loads of fruit and some shop bought smoothies. In the UK, a brand called Innocent Smoothies are very popular as they only contain fruit and no added sugar or preservatives.
My favourite innocent smoothie is the mango and passionfruit smoothie and I drank it non stop for about a week. I then realised for the same price I could make my own version. Mine tasted much fresher and of course is healthier as the fruit hasn’t been sitting in a carton for goodness knows how long.
I couldn’t get enough of this smoothie. Passionfruit is always a winner for me. It just adds that tropical flavour to anything. But combined with all this gorgeous fruitiness, this is one addictive smoothie! I must have drank this every day for about a month after my baby was born.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Did you know passion fruit contains vitamin A which is essential for good vision.
Part of the fruity taste of this smoothie comes from juice. Of course it’s healthier to use your own freeshly squeezed juice, but if you’re anything like me you won’t have time or the space for juicing and smoothie making. So I chose to use store bought fruit juice for this recipe as I was still getting so much fresh fruity goodness from it.
All Innocent Smoothies are absolutely gorgeous. You can actually access all their recipes yourself. Check out the Innocent Smoothie Recipe Book, I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do!Print
Mango and Passion fruit Smoothie – for good eyesight
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 Mango (Peeled and chopped)
- 1 Apple (Chopped)
- 1 Passionfruit
- 1 Banana
- 1 juice Lime
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
- 1 cup Spinach (Or other mild greens to make this into a green smoothie)
- 1 cup Oats (Or other carbs to make this into a thickie/green thickie)
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the greens next. (If using) for a short time
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a green thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- This allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending. You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This green thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie. Or read this guide on How to make a smoothie perfect every time.
Find out what greens you can add to your smoothie to ensure you get enough variety.
The RECIPE for DATE PASTE can be found here.
Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk or tofu), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
* If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet,) please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 10 Extraordinary Banana Nutrition Facts - September 1, 2020
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020