My friend Gabby from The Veggie Nook has kindly shared this mouthwatering mint choc chip smoothie recipe with us today. If you’re a regular reader of my blog you’ll know I co-host Healthy Vegan Fridays blog hop with Gabby, and I discovered her blog shortly after she started and have been addicted to it ever since. I’ve made tons of her recipes which are always gorgeous and extremely healthy.
Hello Green Thickie readers! I’m Gabby from the veggie nook. I have been reading Katherine’s blog from the start so I’m thrilled to be able to guest post here today.
My blog, the veggie nook, is focused on whole food recipes that show how delicious and easy plant-based, healthy eating can be. I think no diet or lifestyle should be taxing or boring so I hope my blog shows people it doesn’t have to be. Just focusing on good ingredients combined in simple, tasty ways is all you need to do to feel vibrant! I am in the process of studying to be a Holistic Nutritionist so I can turn my passion into a dream job. Please stop by my blog and say hi!
I love Katherine’s Green Thickies because they allow you to pack a ton of nutrition into one meal. Fruit, veggies, carbs and protein, they have it all! Today I’m going to share with you a recipe for a green smoothie that has become one of my favourites. It’s not a “thickie” but can easily be made so with the addition of oats. Hope you all enjoy it!
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
In this recipe I’m featuring the very seasonal mint, and what pairs better with mint than chocolate! In this case though I decided to go with raw chocolate in the form of cacao. It’s not heat treated so retains all those amazing antioxidants! It’s also mineral rich! However, if you don’t have access to those, a few chocolate chips wouldn’t hurt ;)
I also used a trick to help you get a creamy smoothie when you’re out of non-dairy milk. While not essential, I find when I’m craving something creamy, the base of smoothie has to be an almond or coconut milk. So what I do in a pinch, is add a teaspoon of almond butter to my smoothie to form instant almond milk!
Here’s the recipe, complete with optional additions:
Mint Chocolate Chip Green Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Paleo)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 large handful of spinach OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp raw honey (or your preferred sweetener) or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp cacao powder for a more chocolatey taste
- 1 scoop your favourite protein powder (I like Sunwarrior Chocolate or Vanilla here)
- oats to make it a Green Thickie!
- Add all ingredients to our blender except the cacao nibs. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the cacao nibs and pulse a couple times to break them up a little, but so you still have chunks.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh mint and cacao nibs on top.
- To make this more of an “ice cream”, use your food processor instead and add less almond milk, only 1/4 cup or just enough to help it process.
Thank you so much Katherine for having me here today :) Hope to see you all over at my blog soon!
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020