A busy schedule is the most common excuse (at least that I’ve used) for lack of regular exercise. But what if 10 minutes a day is all you need to change your health? While exercising for 30 to 60 minutes a day can be beneficial, a lot of people just don’t have the time, energy or motivation to set aside a chunk of every day to change into workout clothing, get in a nice, long workout, cool down and then shower.
For those who have a schedule jam-packed with work and activities and struggle to get moving, don’t worry. All you need is 10 minutes a day to get healthy, and who doesn’t have at least 10 minutes to spare at some point during the day?
Working out for just 10 minutes a day will help you:
- Boost your metabolism – 10 minutes in the morning is enough to raise your metabolism so you can burn calories faster and feel energized.
- Burn fat – 40 minutes of moderate exercise or 75 minutes of light exercise per week can help you burn belly fat.
- Strengthen your muscles – 10 minutes of weight lifting per day several times a week is all you need to start building muscle.
- Increase your heart health – 10 minutes is all it takes to increase your peak oxygen consumption, which is a measure of heart health.
- Build up your endurance – if you’re used to a sedentary life style, 10-minute workouts are an easy way to start building your endurance, especially if you add more than one short workout into your day.
- Live longer – lack of movement can lead to health issues that will lower your life expectancy. Short daily workouts can improve your overall health and longevity.
- Boost your mood – exercise releases endorphins that help alleviate depression.
- Reduce fatigue – if you’re always tired, a brisk 10 minute walk a day can improve your energy level.
- Protect your joints – studies say that 75 minutes of exercise a week reduces arthritis pain by 30 percent.
- Reduce stress – 10 minutes a day can lessen the fight-or-flight stress reflex.
Please note that while 10 minutes of moderate-level exercise is all you need to experience the above health benefits, it’s important not to spend the remainder of the day sitting on your butt. Excessive sitting can cause serious harm to your health.
Maximize your health benefits by incorporating more than one 10 minute workout session into your day when possible.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Here are some 10-minute workout ideas to get you started:
- Take a brisk one-mile walk or jog outside, or walk your dog around the neighborhood if you have one.
- Invest in a treadmill desk or make your own so you can walk while you check your email or complete other daily tasks online.
- Start your morning or wind down in the evening with 10 minutes of Yoga.
- If taking kids or family members to appointments, walk around.
- Make a playlist with 3-4 of your favorite songs and dance around your home.
- Do 5 callisthenic exercises (jumping jacks, lunges, squats, push ups, plank pose or abs of choice) for one minute each, and then repeat.
- Go for a quick bike ride, or ride your bike to work and to run errands if you live within a reasonable distance.
There are countless other ways you can add just 10 minutes of exercise into your day, so get creative and get moving.
Thanks for reading! I’m Alex from Caretactics, where I blog about natural living, real food, mindfulness and wellness. My goal is to use my writing to share information that will lead you to improve the world by caring about others, the environment and yourself. I believe in the healing power of real food and have a love for all things natural.
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Caretactics is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020