Raw Spiced Butternut Squash Smoothie
Complete Meal replacement drink
This spiced butternut squash smoothie is not only perfect for this time of year but it’s actually raw, very healthy and extremely filling. Not only that but it doesn’t include any oats at all so for those who don’t eat oats, this is a perfect meal replacement smoothie.
Butternut Squash Benefits
Did you know butternut squash is actually a fruit? This is technically because it has seeds. Did you also know you can eat butternut squash raw perfectly safely? It’s better to eat fruit and veg raw if you can so they retain all their nutrients. Butternut squash can be a bit tough though so it’s pefect when blended up into a smoothie.
Butternut squash has such a vibrant orange colour which is an indicator of high levels of nutrients. Butternut squash is rich in beta-carotene which is good for preventing breast cancer and age-related macular degeneration.
Spiced Butternut Squash Smoothie
Usually my Green Thickie smoothies contain oats so they fill you up as a complete meal replacement. This smoothie however is totally raw, even more filling, contains no grains and is still low in fat. It also contains ingredients you can easily find locally and won’t cost the earth. And finally it happens to taste absolutely delicious. Can this smoothie get any better?
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
This smoothie is extremely filling and on the higher end of the calorie scale so you might want to only make a quarter of the recipe if you are watching your calories or want to have this smoothie as a snack instead of a meal.
This smoothie doesn’t contain any leafy greens as I wanted to see the beautiful orange colour of the squash but I would completely recommend you always add greens to your smoothies for the health benefits.
How to prepare butternut squash
You will probably need a fairly sharp knife to slice through the butternut squash. What I usually do is cut it in half and scoop out the seeds and then use the knife to peel the skin off. Then cut it into cubes and add it to your blender.
How to cook butternut squash
If you really don’t want to eat raw butternut squash, you could always cook it first and then add it to the smoothie.
You can cook it in your oven on a baking tray at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. You don’t have to chop it before you cook it, just put it in the oven whole and you can cut it and remove the skin and seeds once it’s cooked.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
I go through phases of liking butternut squash. Sometimes I can’t get enough and add it to everything and then I can’t face it at all for a good few months. I don’t think I would ever get sick of this butternut squash smoothie though. Have you ever eaten butternut squash raw? What are your favourite ways to eat Butternut squash?
[tweetherder]This Spiced Butternut Squash Smoothie is completely raw and a complete healthy meal. [/tweetherder]
Raw Spiced Butternut Squash Smoothie (Green Smoothie/Green Thickie)
This spiced butternut squash smoothie is actually raw, very healthy and extremely filling. This is a perfect meal replacement smoothie full of antioxidants.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- Half a Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 and a half Cups Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, soya, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Optional but highly recommended – photo taken without greens) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- ½ Cup Raisins (or any other dried fruit which can also be pre-soaked for a smoother blend)
- 2 Cups Butternut Squash
- 6 Bananas
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients.
- This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
The calories shown are for half of the ingredients listed as this smoothie serves 2. If you want less calories you could have a smaller portion
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
- Calories: 649
- Sugar: 73g
- Sodium: 133mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 134g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 8g
I have shared this with Wellness Weekends and Healthy Vegan Fridays.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 10 Extraordinary Banana Nutrition Facts - September 1, 2020
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020