Zucchini Bread Smoothie (Green Smoothie/ Thickie)
Here in the UK we actually call Zucchinis, Courgettes but I thought I’d go with the American name for this smoothie as most of my readers are from that area.
Zucchini/ Courgette is another great vegetable that is actually a fruit which is why it goes perfectly well in sweet breads, puddings and this smoothie.
Zucchini bread is popular in the states but yet again this is another thing that I haven’t tried, but I get all the smoothie versions of all these great inventions so I get a sense of how they all should actually taste.
Zucchini is very low in calories but makes food lovely and creamy. Have you ever had a hummus made from zucchini? It works so well in place of chick peas and I actually prefer it to chickpea versions.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
This smoothie is lovely and sweet despite it containing a vegetable (fruit!) and it is filling despite zucchini being low in calories. So it makes it a good vegetable for people trying to lose weight.
I’m currently going through a massive de-cluttering project of my home and especially my loft. My husband and I have carted loads of boxes of books, DVDs and CDs from one house to another and since having a baby haven’t even looked at them. So we decided to either give them to charity or sell a few so that other people can benefit from them as there’s no point in them sitting wasting away in a loft for the rest of our lives. It’s so freeing when you have a massive clear out of your home. It feels like a massive burden has been lifted in a way. I think the stuff in our lives drags us down and can have a big impact on our stress levels.
I’m also in the process of writing a 7 day diet plan which will help people lose weight and regain their health. I’m really enjoying that so I hope to bring you more information about that in the near future.Print
Zucchini Bread Smoothie (With 4 Options)
Zucchini is low in fat and great for people trying to lose weight. Despite it’s low calories this zucchini bread smoothie is creamy and filling.
- Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 cups Dairy Free Milk
- 2 cups Zucchini (Chopped )
- 2 small Bananas
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 1/4 cup Dates/ Date Paste
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract/ Ground Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
Green Smoothie (Optional):
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
- 2 cups Spinach OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
Thickie/ Green Thickie (Optional):
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- If you are making a green smoothie blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
- This smoothie serves 2 but if you have an active job, do work outs or have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink both servings.
- If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie. Or read this guide on How to make a smoothie perfect every time.
- Find out more about adding OATS or QUINOA to your smoothies.
- The RECIPE for DATE PASTE can be found here.
- Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
- * If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet,) please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
- Serving Size: 500 ml/ 1 pint/ 20 oz
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 10 Extraordinary Banana Nutrition Facts - September 1, 2020
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020