My most frequently asked question is of course, “what are the best blenders for smoothie making?”
As most of my recipes for Green Thickies involve blending up harder ingredients such as oats, nuts and dates it is essential that I have a decent blender as I like my smoothies SMOOTH.
I have owned loads of blenders in the past, and although cheaper blenders will do the job you have to be more careful to add more liquid, add food in certain orders and blend for longer. And still the smoothies are often a little bit rough in texture.
Some of these blenders aren’t the cheapest, but they are the best. You definitely get what you pay for with blenders and although high speed blenders are much more expensive than some of the cheaper options in this list, you will definitely notice the difference in the quality of your smoothie.
Of course you can use high powered blenders for much more than just smoothie making such as making peanut butter and coconut butter which you would never be able to do with a cheap blender.
Here are the most popular blenders on the market today to suit every budget, with some advantages of each brand.
This is pretty much the industry standard for being the best blender ever. I own this blender and it is honestly the best purchase I ever made. I use it multiple times every day and cheap blenders just do not compare. If you make a lot of blended food, you absolutely won’t regret buying this blender.
- High speed, can pulverise pretty much anything in hardly any time at all.
- The use of a tamper can push ingredients down towards the blade allowing all ingredients to be blended quickly.
- Adjustable speed for blending many different types of foods.
- Very easy and quickly to clean.
I use a Vitamix to make all my Green Thickies. If you want to read why others use this blender too or want to buy one click here.
This is the only other blender that truly compares favourably to the Vitamix. Most people are extremely happy with their BlendTecs and they will do just as good a job of blending the most difficult ingredients as a Vitamix.
- High speed, makes the hardest of ingredients extremely smooth.
- Smaller in height than a Vitamix so it’s easier to fit under counters.
- The unique design means that a tamper isn’t essential
- The wider base makes it easier to get the ingredients out of the blender
Want to take a walk on the Wildside? You can read more about the Blendtec and buy one here.
This is a frozen smoothie maker. It shaves ice to make frozen cocktails and smoothies
- Shaves ice perfectly
- Avoids ice chunks and watered down drinks
- Dishwasher safe
If you fancy frozen cocktails you can buy the Margaritaville and read more reviews here.
Finally… A blender to rival Vitamix for half the price. This can make nut butters, ice cream, soups and smoothies and has a number of different features.
- Includes a tamper to push food towards the blades
- Has pre-programmed settings including pulse to grind nuts
- Variable speed dial
- Full colour recipe book
To read why others think the Oster really does rival the Vitamix or to buy one to find out for yourself click here.
More affordable blender that will blend most smoothie ingredients and crush ice.
- 6 blade technology to draw food downwards which makes blending easier
Need a Ninja? You can buy one here.
Medium priced blender with blade technology to push food around the blender which creates an even blend.
- Makes light work of blending frozen fruit
- Less stopping and starting as ingredients are less likely to get stuck in the blender
Looking to buy a Breville? You can get your hands on one here.
Professional pulse action blender good for making smoothies, soups and crushing ice.
- Blades are integrated into the jug which makes it more robust
- Produces smooth professional liquids
Want a Waring? Read more reviews and buy one here.
Cheap and cheerful basic smoothie maker. If you need a blender that won’t break the bank, this one is a great product if you are just experimenting with smoothies.
- 12 Blending funtions
- Dishwasher safe jar
- Crushes ice
- Blends frozen fruit, protein powders and liquids
Just starting with smoothies? The Hamilton is ideal. You can buy one here.
A commercial quality blender with a powerful motor, variable speed and timer functions, and automatic shut off for overload protection.
- 10 year warranty
- Great for liquid based smoothies and soups
Want to read what others think of the Omega? Read more reviews and buy one here.
The name says it all. A basic blender which is perfect for travelling.
- Drink your smoothie from the small blender cup, saving on washing up.
- Crushes ice
Which is your favourite blender?
If you really want to get your hands on a Vitamix but your budget can’t quite stretch to it at the moment, why not try and win one. Check out this fabulous Vitamix giveaway over at Coconut Mama.