Is it really possible to use coconut oil for weight loss?
I saw major results by adding switching my regular cooking oil to coconut oil and I know you will too!
Coconut oil is comprised of medium chain fatty acids or MCF’s. MCF’s actually boost your metabolism.
Unlike Long chain fatty acids MCF’s are not stored in the body but are instead used as a healthy fuel benefitting the brain, the heart the thyroid and metabolism.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Since coconut oil is a saturated fat it also helps to keep your blood sugar stable throughout the day.
This makes it a great addition to a smoothie because it makes them more filling while also helping your body to digest the fruit at a slower rate keeping your blood sugar more level.
Unlike processed oils that inhibit thyroid function and are stored in the body as unhealthy fat it actually helps your thyroid to stay healthy!
13 ways to use coconut oil for weight loss
To get a healthy amount of medium chain fatty acids researchers recommend adults consume about 3 tablespoons eaten throughout the day. I recommend this brand of coconut oil.
- Add a spoonful to your smoothie.
- Mix with your favorite fruit spread and eat with a small gluten free cracker.
- Use to replace the oils you use to saute and bake with. Coconut oil has a high heat threshold making it the perfect oil to cook with.
- Consume ½ to 1 teaspoon 30 minutes before each meal to help you eat less and provide blood sugar control.
- Make nut butter. Grind 2 cups of your favorite nuts and add coconut oil. You can flavor with cinnamon for added flavor.
- Use on popcorn. Melt coconut oil and drizzle on popcorn, sprinkle with a little nutritional yeast for a tasty treat.
- Saute your favorite vegetable for a great side dish to any meal.
- Make bulletproof coffee or tea! Add one Tbls to your cup of coffee and watch the pounds melt away.
- Make homemade chocolates! Melt coconut oil and add raw cacao and raw honey to taste. Mix and put into ice cube trays. Here is my recipe
- Mix in a cup of green tea for a great fat burning combo.
- For a sweet tooth mix coconut oil and raw honey with a little turmeric powder. Add to a cup of warm raw milk for a lovely aromatic drink with major health benefits.
- Mix lemon juice, raw honey and coconut oil in warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
- Make raw protein bites. Mix nut butter, coconut oil, raw organic oats, chia seeds, hemp hearts and raw honey. Make into hearty snack balls.
What is the best coconut oil for weight loss?
I recommend this brand of coconut oil that you can get from Amazon.
Eating for health and weight loss doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless! Once you add this healthy oil to your routine you will watch the pounds melt off!
I know you may not have time to digest all this right now, so I wanted to give you a handy print out of this blog post so you can stick it on your fridge to help you on your journey to optimal health.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020