I got this email yesterday about lumpy bits:
“If I blend the greens, is it recommended to leave all the bits in my smoothie, as my blender at the moment doesn’t blend it smooth?”
This is something that I see a lot of people struggling with.
My dad said the same thing to me when he started drinking Green Thickies. He said he really liked the lumps in his smoothie.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
He said it was like a lucky dip, not knowing which bit of food he’d find next.
As for me – I like my smoothies smooth.
I can’t say I’m a fan of lumpy bits.
Are you a fan of lumpy bits?
It turns out my Dad was actually using a 20 year old food processor to make his green thickies.
If you are struggling with lumpy bits in your smoothies, here’s 3 things I recommend to get smoother smoothies:
- Make sure you’re actually using a blender with a blender jug. Not a food processor and not a hand blender. You don’t really stand a chance unless you’re actually using a blender.
- Make sure you blend your greens first with just enough liquid to cover the blades. Blend it slowly until all the greens are incorporated in the water. Then add the rest of the ingredients. For anything other than a high speed blender, you may have to blend your green thickies for a lot longer. You may need around 5 minutes to get a really smooth smoothie. Make sure you add some ice at the end to cool your smoothie down or store it in the fridge.
- Invest in a high powered blender. This is one of the best things I ever bought. It doesn’t matter which order you put food in, it blends it all up quickly and makes the smoothest smoothie you’ll ever taste. You can even make nut butters and frozen fruit ice cream, (bonus.) (This is the blender I use and love and you can get a special deal on a refurbished blender)
Give it a try and let me know if your smoothies are smoother?
And if you’re looking for some more delicious recipes to test out your new smooth smoothie techniques, you might want to join my 7 Day Lean Green Smoothie Challenge. You’ll get 7 of my most delicious recipes, absolutely free, and as an added bonus your weight will drop and your energy will soar. Sounds good? Click this link to get started.
Have a healthy day
Katherine ‘smoooooth operator’ Kyle
p.s. We’re going to be making our dreams come true tomorrow….
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020