So what’s Ayurveda? And how can we use this to detox?
You’ve been working hard on your detox and you want to be sure that the effects of all that effort last.
You can also set yourself up for your next seasonal detox, primed, and ready to release toxins on a deeper level.
If you have never heard of Ayurveda, here’s what it means…
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Ayurveda translates to ‘knowledge of life’ or ‘science of life’.
Ayurveda is to India what Traditional Chinese Medicine is to China.
Ayurveda is about living in communion with the shifts of the seasons and the rhythms of the sun and moon throughout the day.
It is an ancient practice that both supports wellness and recovers health. The principles are universal and can be practiced by anyone with a desire to feel more connected to their health and wellbeing.
If you’ve ever done a seasonal detox, you’ve already begun to practice one of the Ayurvedic principles, so adding these 3 simple daily practices will increase your body’s ability to withstand the stress of daily life and the toxins you can not help but be affected by.
If you haven’t already, begin to add these 3 practices into your routine. Do them sequentially and stay with it.
1) Banish Bad Breath
Upon rising, eliminate, brush your teeth and scrape your tongue. Did you know that you will remove more sticky plaque from your mouth with a metal tongue scraper than you will by brushing your teeth?
Here’s a simple video to show you how it’s done.
Do this before put anything into your belly.
2) Rinse Your Belly
By now, you have an understanding that a clean digestive system works so much more efficiently and uses less energy that a clogged up, gummy one. To keep your system clean and start with a clean stomach, drink 16 – 20 ounces (450 to 550ml – about 1 pint) of warm water first thing. This has three primary effects for your body.
Make sure you use filtered water – not warm water straight out of the tap!
- Number One – Okay, actually it’s about ‘number two’. It is especially helpful to promote movement and train the body so that will eliminate through the bowel more easily. Do you have to add lemon? No. Will it hurt to add lemon? No. Just make the water body temperature and you will get the greatest benefit.
- Number Two – Clean pure, warm, body temperature water first thing in the morning will help to clear out any leftovers in the stomach. This way yesterday’s food that may not have fully digested will not mix with today’s undigested food, kind of like getting a new plate for your breakfast instead of using the dirty one from last night’s dinner.
- Number Three – It hydrates you! Your body wakes up dehydrated. It’s been starved for water for at least 8 hours. Because optimally, your body is about 70% water when you start your day with all your internal electrical systems flowing, you will think better. Which means you will make better food choices. Better food choices now mean that your next seasonal detox will release a little more deeply.
3) Oil Up
The daily practice of Abhyanga is a hot oil self-massage. This one practice will nourish your skin and body on a level that is superior to any other skin treatment. Remember, you skin is your largest organ. Once you start the habit, you’ll find it doesn’t take long to add it to you daily morning routine.
How to Abhyanga 101
- Warm your oil to body temperature.
- Pour a small amount into your hand and add oil as you need it.
- Massage into hands. Then begin with the neck, working your way down towards your feet, because this is a grounding massage. Long strokes on the bones and circular strokes on the joints. Until you reach the feet.
- When done, get into a hot shower and let the hot water rinse over you. The hot water will open your pores and press the oil into the skin. This is not only nourishing but protective. If you want to use soap, use it on your pits and privates. There is enough chlorine and other detergents in the water to ‘clean’ you.
- Dry off as you normally would.
These are so simple, easy, and actually elegant ways of taking care of your body that will promote daily detox in a toxic world.
Natural Healing Weight Loss Diet For Life: The Leaf System
Health problems, weight gain and extreme tiredness are often caused by stress inflicted on the body. The main source of stress in our lives is the food that we put in it.
Therefore when I’m sick or someone I know is sick, the first thing that I do is improve my diet and cut out all processed foods.
9 times out of 10, simply changing your diet alone will eliminate all or most health problems within a few months.
A great side benefit is that you will also reach your ideal weight.
The Leaf System is my unprocessed, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, fast delicious healing weight loss system.
All of The Leaf System meals are calorie counted to ensure you lose weight while you shine from the outside in!
Many of our members tell us that their pain and other health problems completely go away while they are on this diet.
Best of all – I am giving you one whole month of FREE complete delicious meal plans, shopping lists AND all of the bonuses from The Leaf System!
Get started by clicking the link below:
Please leave a comment below and let me know what you’ve already tried for a detox? Thanks so much!
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020