And it’s still working.
My weight has fluctuated during the last 7 years with 2 pregnancies and I did stop drinking my shakes during that time.
But now I’m back in my healthy weight range again, so it’s definitely working for me as a long term strategy.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
So what is it about meal replacement shakes that works so well for weight loss?
- The calories are fixed so you are unlikely to consume more calories than you need
- It doesn’t take any preparation time
- It doesn’t take any thought. You decide once to drink the shakes, you buy the shakes and that’s simply what you have for breakfast. You don’t have to ask yourself “what shall I have for breakfast today? Should I have 2 bagels or 3 doughnuts or 2 slices of toast, with butter or without butter?” You always know what you are eating so it takes the confusion out of eating.
- Because you have got your mindset straight on what you’re having, you don’t get tempted as easily by things you don’t want to eat.
- You see results quickly because you are eating the right number of calories to lose weight – so that motivates you to continue.
- Weight loss shakes are portable so there’s no excuse not to bring them to work or school with you.
- You are actually doing something to manage your weight. Most people do nothing to manage their weight. And guess what happens? Their weight continues to rise. It’s pretty hard to eat what you like in this world and not gain weight.
So if traditional meal replacement shakes are so great for weight loss, then why don’t I recommend them?
I don’t recommend typical meal replacement shakes for one reason….
They aren’t good for your body.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
They are processed foods full of harmful fillers and refined sugar.
As I am so passionate about health, I couldn’t possibly recommend packaged meal replacement shakes as a long term healthy habit.
So what’s the solution?
Make your own healthy meal replacement shakes!
If you’ve never made your own healthy meal replacement shakes, it might sound a bit daunting – but it’s easier than you think.
All of the reasons for drinking your own healthy meal replacement shakes are exactly the same as the list above.
There is only one slight difference.
It will take you 2 minutes to prepare instead of being ready immediately.
But for the sake of your health – I’m pretty sure you can spare 2 minutes.
Can you spare 2 minutes to have your own healthy meal replacement shake that is bursting with nutrients and your body is going to love you for?
Let’s get started….
Here’s how you do it…
6 steps to making your own healthy meal replacement shakes
Grab your blender and add 1 cup of dairy free milk such as almond milk. This is what makes your shake creamy and delicious.
Add 1 large handful of leafy greens such as spinach to your blender. This gives your skin a stunning glow and fills your body with a crazy amount of energy.
Add 1 cup of fruit or 1 whole fruit such as 1 banana or 2 small apples. This gives all of your cells the nourishment they need to lead a healthy life.
Add ⅛ cup of unsalted unroasted nuts or seeds. This is a natural protein source and helps to keep you fuller for longer.
Add either ½ cup of oats, or ½ avocado or 1 banana or 1 small sweet potato. This is what I call a ‘filler’. This turns the shake into a meal replacement because it fills you up enough to keep you going until your next meal. But just the right number of calories to help you lose weight.
Add ⅛ cup of dried fruit such as dates or raisins. These make your shake taste deliciously sweet without any refined sugar. Once you taste how good this shake is, you’ll never want to drink anything else.
There are many other ingredients you can add to make your healthy meal replacement shakes taste extra tasty, but this is the basic formula.
The name of my healthy meal replacement shake is a Green Thickie because it’s green and it’s thick. It’s filling, tasty and will give you the best health of your life while your body shrinks before your eyes.
If you’d like to try some of my Green Thickies recipes, for free, then I have a special gift for you.
I have created a FREE cleanse called Blend Me Cleanse Me where you can drink Green Thickies for one week and experience a radical transformation in your weight, energy and clarity.
Katherine ‘6 Steps To Healthy Shakes’ Kyle
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020