If you’ve never tried peanut butter in a smoothie before, you are really missing out. This Banana Peanut Butter smoothie is so quick, very healthy and no chopping required.
I can’t believe this is the first time I’ve ever had peanut butter in a smoothie. I’ve really been missing out.
This smoothie was so rich, creamy and distinctly peanut buttery, so if you like peanut butter, you’ll adore this recipe. It’s also so simple and quick, no messing around, no rinsing fruit, no chopping, just throw it all in the blender.
This smoothie also doesn’t have any added sweeteners which is a bonus. It really doesn’t need them.
What could be better than this smoothie to start your morning?
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Do your children drink green smoothies? This peanut butter smoothie will be a winner for them.
My 11 month old (at the time of writing) baby drinks a green thickie every morning, and she usually agrees with me about how good it is. If I don’t like it, she generally doesn’t like it either.
I think babies must have a very good sense of smell too as sometimes she won’t even try it at all if it’s not a nice recipe. If she doesn’t like the smell she won’t like the taste. She finished up this smoothie very quickly so I could tell she loved it.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
We’ve started teaching her sign language and it’s adorable watching her using them. She tells me, no she doesn’t want any more water, and when she’s had enough to eat she tells me she’s finished. It’s great for her to be able to finally communicate with us so well.Print
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie: Green Thickie
If you’ve never tried peanut butter in a smoothie before, you are really missing out. This smoothie is so quick, very healthy and no chopping required.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Dairy Free Milk (Like this)
- 3–4 Bananas
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (Like this)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Like this)
- Optional: 1 Cup Oats (Like this) or one of the other 20 fillers. (Click here to see the fillers)
- Optional: 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed (or Kale or any other mild greens) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the greens next for a short time (if using)
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High-speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a Green Thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This Green Thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
Suitable for Special Diets:
- Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa)
- Raw (Use raw oats/quinoa)
- Vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar-free, wheat free, soy free (don’t use soya milk or tofu)
- Salt-free (don’t add salt)
- Nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
See all of my favourite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
Banana Peanut Butter Green Thickie
Related Resources You Will Love
Here are all the most popular resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- FREE Weight Loss Green Smoothie Recipe Card
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020