Adding one of these smoothie recipes to your diet every day could be one of the smartest things you do for your health.
If you are trying to improve your health, prevent disease or lose weight, the best thing you can do is drink smoothies.
It is so much easier to drink your fruits and veggies rather than eat them. You can take your smoothie on the go with you which makes it a very attractive breakfast for our hectic modern lives.
We all know of the benefits of eating more fruit and veg in terms for weight loss and disease prevention.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Flavonoids are just one of the many phytonutrients in fruit and veg which is responsible for giving us an improved quality of life.
One study involving 9959 men and women in Finland showed the more flavonoids they ate, the less they got cancer. The people who ate the highest amounts of flavonoids reduced the risk of lung cancer by 50%.
And if you’re worried about ingesting too much sugar from fruit you don’t need to be. Studies have also shown that the body reacts in a very positive way to fruit in terms of blood sugar levels, compared to the refined sugar that is added to most processed foods.
Do smoothies really help us lose weight?
Yes! Studies have also shown, the more fruit you eat, the more weight you lose.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
So there’s all the proof you need that smoothies need to play a big part of your diet. I personally have been drinking 2 smoothies per day for the last 10 years. My energy is sky high and my weight is exactly where I want it to bed.
Now, dig out that blender and get making some smoothies! Here are my favorite smoothie recipes, because they are fast and delicious.
27 HEALTHY Smoothie Recipes: Tasty & Quick
1) Creamy Mango Shake by Green Thickies
If you’re looking for a sweet, simple meal with only 4 ingredients, no bananas, or sweeteners then this creamy mango shake will suit you perfectly.
2) Creamy Avo Spinach Raspberry Smoothie by Fork In The Road
Creamy Avo Spinach Raspberry Smoothie, a simple green smoothie made with spinach, avocado, banana and raspberry sauce. The perfect plant-based way to start your day!
3) Vitamin C Fruit Smoothie by Happy Healthy Mama
Feel a cold coming on? Boost your immune system with this Vitamin C Fruit Smoothie!
4) Peppermint Chocolate Green Thickie by Green Thickies
This smoothie is not very sweet, but it sure is tasty, energizing, healing and a fat burning machine.
5) Healthy Strawberry Smoothie With Mango (High Protein + Dairy Free) by The Seasoned Mom
A delicious dairy free, vegan healthy strawberry smoothie with banana and mango. So easy to make and perfect for summer!
6) Healthy Pineapple Smoothie With Banana by Savory Tooth
This pineapple smoothie is blended using carrots and fresh fruit such as chopped pineapples and bananas, and is easy to make with only 5 ingredients. This is the ideal breakfast drink if you’re looking for a healthy and vegan smoothie recipe.
7) Strawberry Milkshake by Georgie Eats
Thick, creamy and incredibly delicious – this healthy MacDonalds style strawberry milkshake will satisfy your sweet tooth without the calories! A great pre/post workout snack, breakfast or after dinner treat. Vegan & GF.
8) Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie: Green Thickie by Green Thickies
If you’ve never tried peanut butter in a smoothie before, you are really missing out. This smoothie is so quick, very healthy and no chopping required.
9) Ginger Peach Detox Smoothie by Build Your Bite
This ginger peach detox smoothie is packed full of good for you ingredients!
10) Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl by Supergolden Bakes
This mixed berry smoothie bowl is so quick, easy, delicious and super healthy. A great breakfast to start your day with.
11) Healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie by Green Thickies
I’ve only recently discovered this healthy key lime pie smoothie and I’ve already lost track of the number of times I’ve made it. An all time favourite.
12) Healthy Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie by Veganosity
A creamy frozen concoction that tastes like a gingerbread cookie, but it’s healthy and good for you!
13) Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie by Once Upon A Food Blog
Gorgeous chocolate blueberry smoothie. Packed full of antioxidants and healthy fats to give you a perfect start to your day.
14) Secret Slimming Mango And Coconut Green Thickie Recipe by Green Thickies
This is my staple. It has a lovely sweet taste with no surprises so this is an all round winner. If you want to convert anyone to Green Thickies, this smoothie will do it every time.
15) Chia Seed And Turmeric Smoothie by Little Chef Big Appetite
Turmeric is a powerful spice, with incredible detoxifying abilities! This turmeric smoothie is the healthiest way to start your day.
16) Vegan Sweet Lemon-Turmeric Smoothie by The Colorful Kitchen
This Vegan Sweet Lemon-Turmeric Smoothie is the definition of fresh-for-spring. It’s super easy to make, but seriously so refreshing, especially as an afternoon snack. It’s the perfect balance between tangy and sweet, plus the turmeric adds a little spice and kick.
17) Creamy Citrus Fat Burner Smoothie by Green Thickies
Melt away fat, rev your metabolism and reduce your sugar cravings with this Creamy Citrus Weight Loss Smoothie.
18) Carrot Dreamsicle Smoothie by Well Vegan
This Carrot Dreamsicle is packed with protein, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A and so much more.
19) Creamy Zucchini Blueberry Smoothie by Minimalist Baker
Creamy, nutritious zucchini smoothie with bananas, blueberries, greens, and hemp seeds! Loaded with 8 whole ingredients, plus 1 blender and 10 minutes required! Entirely vegan, gluten-free, and loaded with health benefits.
20) Vegan Beaming Banana-Berry Detox Smoothie by Blissful Basil
This vegan beaming banana-berry detox smoothie is packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium is made with a combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and banana. This light, refreshing, and energizing smoothie will ease you back into healthy eating!
21) Climate Cooler Coconut & Pineapple Green Thickie by Green Thickies
My Climate Cooler Coconut and Pineapple recipe is a little less ‘thick’ and more on the ‘thin’ side today. But it’s still very tasty and very filling. It also has very low sugar so it’s good for you if you are trying to eat less sugar, follow a low carb or a keto diet or generally want to be healthier.
22) Strawberry Matcha Smoothie by Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen
A cold glass of this delicious strawberry matcha smoothie will increase your energy, boost your antioxidant levels, and leave you feeling full and satisfied.
23) Cucumber Lassi Complete Meal Green Thickie by Green Thickies
I get SO many requests for a no fruit, veggie based, complete meal Green Thickie. This green meal in a glass is suitable for those on a low sugar, no fruit, low carb, keto, no refined sugar, no grains, vegan, vegetarian diet.
24) Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie by Beaming Baker
Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie (V+GF): an easy 4 ingredient recipe for protein-rich, creamy smoothies bursting with strawberry and PB flavor. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
25) Green Pineapple Paradise Smoothie by Green Thickies
Drinking tropical drinks like this Green Pineapple Paradise smoothie is my little trick for surviving the long and dark winter.
26) Tropical Ginger Smoothie To Keep You Healthy by Searching For Spice
This fruity tropical ginger smoothie will make you feel healthy inside and out. Made with banana, pineapple, mango and ginger, it’s a great way to get some of your 5 a day!
27) Healthy Apple Pie Smoothie by Green Thickies
We all love our desserts but we don’t love what they do to our waistlines and health. Unless you make a healthy thick dessert smoothie – A Thickie! This healthy yet delicious apple pie is one of my favorite smoothie recipes of all time!
5 Best Smoothie Resources
1) Smoothie Tools
2) This Month’s Special Offers
Get a full month’s worth of Leaf System meal plans FREE to help you reach your ideal weight in the most nutritionally sound way imaginable.
3) Free Recipe Card
I invented the Green Thickie recipe which is a complete meal green smoothie. This smoothie helped me to drop 56 pounds in 4 months.
4) Related Resources You Might Like
I’ve compiled a list of helpful resources that will help you take things to the next level:
- 7 Most Popular Dessert Smoothie Recipes… Ever!
- Hundreds of Top Smoothie Tips, Tools, Diet Plans, Recipes, Articles & Videos
- Filling Green Smoothie Recipe Video Youtube Playlist
- Healthy Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss & Detox Pinterest Board
5) Follow Green Thickies Social Media Channels:
I share different content on each platform and I can’t wait to connect with you over there.
- Subscribe to Green Thickies YouTube Channel for recipes, transformational stories and more.
- Get fruit inspirational fruit facts, fruit recipes and more by following @greenthickies on Instagram
- Follow Green Thickies on Facebook for free gifts and inspiration.
- Follow Green Thickies on Pinterest for all my recipes and articles
If you enjoyed this article, 27 HEALTHY Smoothie Recipes please let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started