Easy Apple Pie Smoothie: Dessert Thickie
We all love our desserts but we don’t love what they do to our waistlines and health. Unless you make a healthy thick dessert smoothie – A Thickie! These are great for breakfast and they are so decadent that you can literally enjoy them at any time of day especially after a meal as a sweet treat. You can also freeze them and make them into ice lollies.
I am starting a series of dessert Thickies that I have been experimenting with lately so keep coming back to check out the latest dessert thickie.
I still totally believe in the power of greens and don’t like to have very many drinks that don’t contain greens but I love these dessert thickies at the weekend for a treat. They are also great for making for other people as everyone will really love them. Once you have them hooked with a great tasting smoothie, ask them if they would notice if you dropped a couple of spinach leaves in and would they will still try it? A great way to get kids drinking green smoothies too is to start off with a great taste like this and add a couple more green leaves every day until they get used to the colour. They won’t be able to taste the greens at all as these dessert thickies are so sweet, as every dessert should be. But you don’t have to worry, they all contain healthy sweeteners or mostly whole dried fruit which I prefer.
Apple Pie is one of my all time favourite desserts so this Healthy Apple Pie Smoothie was an obvious thickie to start with. I don’t always enjoy eating apples on their own, but mix apple with a bit of cinnamon and some other great ingredients and I can’t get enough.
You know the old saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. It’s so true. The humble apple has so many benefits including preventing diabetes. Even if your kids won’t eat them raw, they will be asking you for seconds of this smoothie.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Although I’ve given you the calories for one large serving (half the recipe) you may want to only consume a quarter of the recipe so you don’t take in so many calories if you are just having this as a snack. If you have this as a meal it will fill you up for a very long time. I have these at the weekends and I am still able to lose weight over a whole week. These are also perfect for a pre or post workout meal.Print
Healthy Apple Pie Smoothie: Dessert Thickie
We all love our desserts but we don’t love what they do to our waistlines and health. Unless you make a healthy thick dessert smoothie – A Thickie!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 2 Cups Non Dairy Milk (oat, rice, almond, hemp, coconut drink or raw nut or seed milk)
- 1 Banana
- 2 Apples
- ¼ Cup Pecans
- ½ Cup dates (or any other dried fruit)
- 1 Filler (Click here to see the fillers)
- 1 teaspoon Cinammon
- ½ teaspoon Allspice/Mixed Spice
- Optional: 1 Cup Spinach or other mild greens OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Blend the ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the greens next. (If using) for a short time
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth (or as smooth as your blender will allow. High speed blenders may need 2 minutes for a green thickie, less powerful blenders may need a lot more, sometimes 5-10 minutes)
- Blending this way allows the dry ingredients to be blended for longest, it means the greens will fit in your blender and your fruit gets less blending so it doesn’t become too hot.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice.
- Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
How much should I drink to replace a meal?
- Only use a meal replacement if you’ve added the oats/quinoa.
- This green thickie serves 2 so you should DRINK HALF OF THIS RECIPE. But if you have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink more.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk or tofu), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
More information about making the perfect Green Thickie:
If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie.
Please pin this post by clicking this link
Please like this post by clicking the + at the bottom of this box:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020