The key to optimal health begins in the gut!
Did you know that you can have toxic build up in your colon? These toxins can affect how well our colon works.
The colon plays a vital role in immunity, water balance and digestion.
We expose our bodies to harmful toxins everyday. They are in the food we eat, especially if you don’t eat organic, the beauty products we use and the household cleaners we use everyday. Not to mention the environmental toxins!
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
While all this may seem a little scary there are things you can do to help your body deal with this toxic overload.
Reducing the amount of toxins you use everyday is a good first step.
Essential oils are good start to eliminating the toxins in your home and beauty routine, learn more here.
You might also want to try a colon cleanse.
Signs that your colon is toxic
There are many signs and symptoms your colon may be toxic. This is a short list of symptoms that could indicate a toxic colon.
- Digestive symptoms such as IBS, constipation or diarrhea
- Bloating, gas, indigestion, stomach pain
- General feeling of being unwell
- Joint and muscle pain
- Depression, fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, mood swings, poor memory
- Getting seasonal illness often or signs of poor immune health
- Recurrent vaginal or bladder infection, skin rashes
Homemade Colon Cleanse
My favorite way to cleanse the colon is with homemade juice. Doing a juice cleanse should be done with care and not done by anyone with health issues without the supervision of a doctor.
A 1 to 7 day juice cleanse can be used to cleanse the colon of toxins.
Some of the best ingredients to juice for colon cleansing are:
You can also make a smoothie with some of these ingredients. The fiber will help cleanse your colon.
Essential oils are also a great addition to any cleanse.
Other Ways to Cleanse Your Colon Naturally
There are several other ways you can cleanse the colon.
The master cleanse is a very effective and powerful cleanse.
These cleanses are better for adults that are in good health and shouldn’t be done by anyone with diabetes or hypoglycemia. They must never be done by children.
Master Cleanse Recipe
- 10 ounces filtered water
- 2 tbsp organic lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup (grade B; not the commercial maple flavored syrup served on pancakes)
- 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper powder
Mix all the ingredients together. Drink the liquid 5-8 times a day for at least 10 days.
Salt Water Flush
- Warm 1 to 2 qts (.9 to 1.9 l) of distilled water before eating anything.
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp. (14.78 to 29.57 ml) sea salt or pink himalayan salt (do not use regular table salt), making the water taste as salty as you can stand.
- Drink! Some nausea or headache may be experienced as you detox
Bentonite Clay and Psyllium Cleanse Recipe
- 1 cup of organic apple juice.
- 1 tsp. of bentonite clay
- 1/2 tsp. of ginger powder
- 1 tsp. of powdered psyllium
- Shake the mixture well. Drink immediately before the psyllium makes the mixture become gooey. Do not consume any food within 2 hours before or after drinking the mixture because the food will be absorbed by the clay. Do not drink more than 5 shakes a day.
- Make sure to drink 1 cup of filtered water immediately after drinking the mixture.
I like to do a colon cleanse at least 4 times a year. This will help to keep your colon in top shape and bring you optimal health!
A few notes about cleansing:
Make sure to listen to your body. Don’t continue with a cleanse if you feel your body is being overwhelmed by toxins. This is called Herxheimer reaction and can make you feel very sick.
Headache, body ache, stomach issues, diarrhea and skin outbreaks are not uncommon.
If you experience an extreme reaction ease off on your cleanse and work back into it slowly.
Give yourself a break if you need it.
Remember to do some deep breathing and relaxation with a cleanse. Yoga is a great addition to any cleanse.
Get moving but don’t overdo it. Stimulating your lymph with help your whole system to detox.
Take the time you need for yourself and don’t over schedule during a cleanse.
Pin this by clicking here:
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020