This Simple Strawberry and spinach salad smoothie takes green thickies and strips them back to basics. Sometimes our taste buds, digestion and wallets need a break from more indulgent recipes.
I love deluxe and tasty recipes as much as the next person, but sometimes when fruit is perfectly ripe and in season we just need to be able to properly taste it without masking it too much.
If you have a sweet tooth, you are more than welcome to add some healthy sweeteners such as whole dates to this smoothie, but I encourage you to try these and just taste the flavour of fruit in it’s natural form.
This strawberry and spinach salad smoothie is the first in a new Green Thickie Series called Simple, Seasonal and Save:
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
- Simple: These recipes will include minimal ingredients, which will be easy to find no matter where you live, and they will be very simple to use too.
- Seasonal: The new series will include ingredients that are seasonal in the Northern Hemisphere. If your seasons are different, you can either use frozen fruit or try one of the many other Green Thickie recipes, or substitute the fruit for fruit that is in season where you live.
- Save: As these smoothies contain ingredients that are in season, they should be very economical helping you to be frugal. They also contain very few ingredients which will also save you money.
I tried very hard to keep the recipe simple but my taste buds were screaming for an added kick so at the end I threw in 7 mint leaves and blended those up too.
It gives it a real freshness. But if you’re not so keen on the idea, it’s better just to keep it simple.
I’m absolutely loving all the ripe summer fruits available at the moment. When fruit isn’t in season you miss them and it’s more of a treat when you can get hold of them.
I can’t say I ever miss bananas, pears, apples or oranges as they are always available and I’m bored of them (at least on their own anyway) but I’m craving peaches, cherries, melons and strawberries at the moment which aren’t available (except for a ridiculously expense price) at other times of the year.
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
So look out for more seasonal, fresh green thickies coming your way as part of my Simple, Seasonal and Save series.
I’ll probably do more in this series during the summer when there is more fruit available and less in the winter, but I’ll feature at least one seasonal recipe per month so at least you’ll find something you can use for your green thickies at a reasonable price.
Feel free to be inventive yourself though.
Have you invented any of your own green thickies?
If you have, I’d love to hear about them, and please share the recipe or the ingredients list if you can remember it. Other people will be able to benefit from it that way. Either post one in the comments or email me (Contact me page) and I’ll post them up somewhere in the future.
I have a small collection but I always love more!
I’m also looking into some other projects for the website too, ways to put more traditional green smoothie recipes your way.
I’m also working on more green smoothie FAQ monster posts. If you missed the first part, go and check out this monster Guide to Green Smoothies. Learn more about green smoothies than you ever knew possible!
Can you believe I have 9 more of these that I’m going to write?
Who would have thought there would be so much to say about one little drink?
I am starting 2 new themed days of the week:
- Green Smoothie of the week on Tuesdays where I will feature an existing green smoothie recipe that I have turned into a green thickie.
- Green Thickie Thursdays where I will give you a green thickie recipe that fits into my current theme. The last theme was Dessert Thickies which are great comfort foods in the winter, but now summer is here we are moving into fresher more seasonal foods with our Simple, Seasonal and Save theme.
Let me know which theme you like best so far.
I’ve just got a new camera which I’m absolutely loving. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but my photos have got a little bit better. I’m still getting used to it though so hopefully they’ll just keep getting better and better.
It’s such an easy, and quick smoothie as you don’t even need to chop anything!
This smoothie is a lot lower in calories than some of the heavier dessert thickies that I’ve been featuring lately so even more perfect for summer.
Suitable for Special Diets
Gluten free*, raw*, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, sugar free, wheat free*, soya free*, salt free, nut free*
* If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet, please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.Print
Fresh Summer Strawberry and Spinach Salad Smoothie: Simple, Seasonal and Save (Summer)
The great thing about this strawberry and spinach salad smoothie is it’s so simple, just blend a punnet of strawberries, water, oats, cashews and spinach.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Green Thickie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Spinach, tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or kale or any other mild greens)OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 3 Cups strawberries
- 1 Cup Oats (If you don’t have a powerful blender and want the smoothie very smooth you can soak the oats for an hour before blending)
- ¼ Cup Cashew nuts
- I added 7 mint leaves too (optional)
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- Blend the ingredients a few at a time so that your blender can cope with the work, unless you’ve got a high powered blender, then you might be able to add them all in at once.
- If it gets too thick, add more water as necessary.
- If your blender has made the smoothie too warm, you can either cool it down in the fridge or freezer, or add some ice cubes or frozen fruit to it (You may need to add more water as this will thicken it further).
See all of my favorite essential healthy ingredients needed to make these recipes AND all of the best resources and products I can’t live without by clicking here.
- Serving Size: 550 ml/20 oz /1 pint
Comments always put a smile on my face, so please take a minute to say hello below. Many thanks and blessings to you.
This recipe is a blended complete meal containing natural protein sources and leafy greens. If you’d like any more information about these topics, check out my complete guides below:
- The Ultimate Smoothie Blender Guide
- The Only Guide To Protein Shakes You’ll Ever Need
- Over 50 Spinach Recipes: The Complete Collection
- The Complete Guide To Green Smoothies
- The Essential Guide To Meal Replacement Shakes
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020