Give your taste buds a treat with this Lime, Chili & Chocolate Smoothie
I first made this lime, chili and chocolate smoothie a very long time ago and I’m not sure why it’s taken me quite so long to get round to posting it. Of course anything with chocolate in it is usually a winner with most people (apart from my husband) but this one is definitely a posh chocolate smoothie with undertones of zingy lime and a kick from the chili. Your taste buds will really thank you for this one!
Lime, Chili & Chocolate Smoothie: Zingy, Spicy and Decadent!
- 2 cups Milk Dairy Free Almond, Coconut, Soya etc.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Berries Fresh or frozen, any combination. I used mixed frozen summer berries.
- 2 Bananas Fresh or Frozen. I used frozen.
- 1 cup Oats
- 2 cups Spinach Or other mild greens OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- 1/4 cup Almonds Whole or ground (ground if you don’t have a high speed blender)
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa / Carob Powder
- 1/2 cup Raisins Dates or Date Paste (I used Raisins)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Chili Powder or fresh Chili to taste (I used Cayenne Pepper. I like spicy food but if you don’t like it so spicy just add a pinch.)
- 4 Limes Juice of
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- If you are making a green smoothie blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- Substitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
- This smoothie serves 2 but if you have an active job, do work outs or have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink both servings.
- If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie. Or read this guide on How to make a smoothie perfect every time.
- Find out more about adding OATS or QUINOA to your smoothies.
- The RECIPE for DATE PASTE can be found here.
- Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
* If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet,) please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ... And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen.
Get results like this...Hi Katherine,
I just wanted to tell you I completed the 7 day detox and I feel so great.
I have lost 6lbs, do not feel like I need more my morning coffee, the flushing of my facial skin from rosacea has dramatically reduced and I am so excited to wake up each morning and make a green thickie for breakfast!!
I am a stay at-home, homeschooling momma of 3 littles and at times so busy I would forget to feed myself!
I would go most of the day without eating and then snack on random things.
I gained 60 pounds the last 6 years during pregnancy.
I have lost 30lbs but recently plateaued and have felt so frustrated.
I’ve tried everything from paleo and keto to the point where I didn’t know what to eat or how much and felt like even eating fruit was bad for me which thankfully it’s not!
What a game changer for me. Thank you for sharing a simple but effective program.
I’m so excited to continue another week with this plan! Thankful Stephanie
Use this special voucher to get $10 off: WEBSITE (Add discount code WEBSITE at the checkout)
Click here to get started
- How To Use Bananas For Sleep (Bedtime Banana Elixir Recipe) - January 14, 2022
- Why You Can’t Eat Your 5 A Day (And The EASY SOLUTION) - November 29, 2021
- 10 Second Banana Ice Cream Recipe (Using Only Bananas) - November 1, 2020