These warm smoothies are perfect for cold winter breakfasts.
I get it. The last thing you feel like doing on a freezing cold winter day is drinking a freezing ice cold smoothie made with frozen fruit from the freezer.
We all know how good smoothies are for our health. They provide us with massive amounts of antioxidants which protect us from winter bugs, give us a great deal of natural energy, and help keep the winter bulge off our bodies.
But it takes a hardy soul to chug down a glass of cold blended fruit in the winter.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
And yes, we have heated houses now, so in theory, we should be warm enough to drink cold food in the winter.
But despite my heating being on 24/7 in the winter, I still feel a lot colder than I do in the summer, and I just crave warm stodgy comforting winter stodge.
But winter stodge will give you a podge and take your health down a notch.
So here’s the perfect solution you’ve needed all your life and just didn’t know about!
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
Takes a while to get your head around doesn’t it?
Are you conjuring up images of warm fruity smoothies right now. I bet that doesn’t sound appealing to you.
But what about this type of smoothie instead?
A warm oatmeal chocolate peanut butter smoothie.
Is that hitting the spot?
The great thing about smoothies is you can hide the taste of certain ingredients and emphasis other tastes.
So yes you can still have our antioxidant rich mangos or berries in our smoothies.
But that’s not what we’re going to taste.
We are going to taste chocolate, almond, vanilla or oatmeal which lend themselves to being heated. So we can really trick our taste buds into action here.
And just to make a point – have you ever had a warm apple pie? Or a warm blueberry tart?
See fruit can be enjoyed warm.
You just have to have different expectations when it comes to drinking a warm smoothie.
How To Warm Up A Smoothie Without Killing The Antioxidants: 2 Ways
What we don’t want to do here is take our smoothie and pour it into a pan and boil it to death on the stove.
That would completely kills off the antioxidants and other nutrients that are present in raw food.
But what we can do is warm up the smoothie slightly so it feels warm, but it’s not warm enough to kill the nutrients.
Food is considered still ‘raw’ if has not been heated above 40–49 °C (104–120 °F).
But don’t worry, we don’t even have to measure the temperature as there is a very easy way to tell if the smoothie is still raw very quickly.
First I’m going to show you 2 ways to warm up your smoothie.
1) Warm Up Your Smoothie In A Blender
All you need to do to warm up your smoothie in your blender is just blend for longer than you would normally. If you have a high powered blender, you might need to blend for about 3 minutes.
For all other types of blender, you might need to blend for 5-10 minutes to warm your smoothie up.
If you want to speed up the warming process, stay away from frozen ingredients, or let them thaw first before blending.
2) Warm Up Your Smoothie On The Stove
What you do here is to blend your smoothie as normal. You might choose to make a large batch and store it in the fridge. Then when you are ready for your warm smoothie, you can pour your smoothie into a pan and put it on the lowest heat. Constantly stir it and try it every so often. If you can still eat it without having to blow it to cool it down, it is still raw.
And if you over boiled it, oops! Nevermind. It’s still healthier for you than an alternative breakfast I’m sure.
My Must Have Warm Smoothie Resources
You don’t actually need any more equipment other than your blender (see 10 Best Blenders) to warm up your smoothie, but these items are going to make life much easier when you’re making your warm smoothies.
- Thermometer: To make sure your smoothie is warm but still raw
- Insulated Smoothie Bottle: To keep your smoothie warm on the go
- Fridge Pitcher: So you can store large batches of smoothie in the fridge
- Cute Stonewear Soup Mugs: Treat your smoothie like a soup and eat it in style with a mug bowl and spoon. Research also shows when you eat liquids with a spoon it is more filling.
11 Warm Smoothies For Winter: Cold-Weather Breakfasts
Here are 11 warm smoothies that will have you feeling toasty in no time.
1) Warming Spicy Apple Halloween Smoothie by Green Thickies
This spicy Apple Smoothie is guaranteed to warm you up during the cold months of winter.
2) Warm Green Smoothie: Chai Tea by Simple Green Smoothies
A warm comforting smoothie that is full of healthy fruit and spinach, plus just the right amount of spices.
3) Wintry Warm Banana Smoothie Tastes Like Banana Bread by Clean Cuisine
This warm banana smoothie recipe tastes just like banana bread yet takes only a few minutes to make. It’s dairy-free and has no added sugar, so it’s the perfect way to start your morning!
4) Lime, Chili & Chocolate Smoothie: Zingy, Spicy and Decadent by Green Thickies
Of course anything with chocolate in it is usually a winner with most people (apart from my husband) but this one is definitely a posh chocolate smoothie with undertones of zingy lime and a kick from the chili. Your taste buds will really thank you for this one!
5) Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie by Beaming Baker
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie (V, GF, DF): a super thick & creamy protein-packed smoothie that tastes like hot chocolate in PB milkshake form. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Rich, No Sugar Added.
6) Mango Orange & Ginger Hot Smoothie by Berry Sweet Life
A hot breakfast smoothie. Simply Yum! This smoothie takes minutes to prepare and is so good for you! If you like you can add a green tea bag to the boiling water to vamp up the antioxidants, a jasmine or chamomile tea bag would also work well.
7) Spicy Plum Smoothie by Green Thickies
This sweet and spicy plum smoothie will warm you up on a cold day as it has a lovely kick to it. It also has hidden greens for even more nutrition.
8) Warm Cinnamon Breakfast Smoothie by The Fit Foodie
If your patient enough to soak these oats in milk the night before, that 5 minutes of prep makes this recipe incredibly creamy.
9) Warm Green Smoothie: Butternut Pear by Simple Green Smoothies
Sip on a warm green smoothie when the weather turns chilly. This one features spinach, butternut squash, pear, a hint of spice, and creamy cashew milk.
10) Warm Gingerbread Breakfast Smoothie by Running With Spoons
This vegan gingerbread breakfast smoothie is warmed up on the stovetop to create a creamy and comforting drink that’s packed with vitamins, minerals, fibre, and plant based protein. It makes a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack!
11) Hot Chocolate Green Thickie Smoothie (Warming Winter Smocolate) by Green Thickies
This is a hot chocolate smoothie that is thick and filling, sweet and comforting and doesn’t even resemble a fruity fresh light summer smoothie. This smoothie still has healthy fruit, hidden greens and best of all – it’s a Green Thickie.
5 Best Smoothie Resources
1) Related Resources You Are Also Going To Love
I’ve compiled a list of helpful resources that will help you take things to the next level:
2) My Must Have Smoothie Tools
3) Free Filling Green Smoothie Recipe Card
I invented the Green Thickie recipe which is a complete meal green smoothie. This smoothie helped me to drop 56 pounds in 4 months.
4) FREE Smoothie Meal Plans
Get a full month’s worth of Leaf System meal plans FREE to help you reach your ideal weight in the most nutritionally sound way imaginable
5) Follow Green Thickies Social Media Channels:
I share different content on each platform and I can’t wait to connect with you over there.
- Get fruit inspirational fruit facts, fruit recipes and more by following @greenthickies on Instagram
- Follow Green Thickies on Pinterest for all my recipes and articles
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 30 Second Banana Smoothie Recipe For Miraculous Weight Loss - August 1, 2020
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020