Raw Buckwheat and Banana Smoothie
It’s time to explore adding another grain to our smoothies today. This raw buckwheat and banana smoothie will appeal to most people and has the benefit of being completely raw. Raw food retains more of it’s nutrients so it’s much better for us all to eat a higher proportion of raw foods in our diets.
What is Buckwheat?
A lot of people think Buckwheat is a grain as it looks like a grain, is filling and used just like a grain. But in actual fact buckwheat is a seed. Despite it’s name it doesn’t actually contain any wheat and is gluten free so it’s also perfect for people on a grain free or a gluten free diet.
Buckwheat is one of the best sources of complete protein as it contains all 8 of the essential amino acids. Buckwheat is so good for healing the colon as well as for people with varicose veins or hemorrhoids as it contains Rutin which is a capillary wall strengthener. Buckwheat is also very good for the brain and is very high in iron. Could this pseudo-grain get any better?
How to add Buckwheat to your smoothie
I have already explained how to add Oats and Quinoa to your smoothie and Buckwheat is just as easy. All you need to do is soak your buckwheat overnight for about 8 hours and rinse it very well in the morning, then add it to your smoothie.
** Please note that this post may contain affiliate links which means that I can receive a small payment if you make a purchase through my links.
If you can’t get hold of Raw Buckwheat you can find it on Amazon.com. It also gives instructions on how to cook it if you’d prefer to cook it and then add it to your smoothies.
I have finally got the taste for greens back after completely going off them at the start of my pregnancy. I am now back to drinking my green thickies although I’m finding I need more to fill myself up than I did before I was pregnant. I know I’m not supposed to literally be eating for 2 but I believe in eating whole foods until you are full up so I’m going to continue with that philosophy during my pregnancy. Even if I gain load of weight like I did last time I don’t mind as I know I’ll easily lose it again. Although my diet has been so much better so far so hopefully I won’t gain as much this time. I am also loving my salads again so have a massive amount of greens back in my diet again which should soon make up for the months when I couldn’t eat any.
I’m currently testing recipes for my first ebook. I had started it just as I got pregnant but had to put it on hold as I couldn’t stomach any of the food I was planning to make. But I’m loving the meals I’ve planned so far so I’m hoping you will too.Print
Raw Buckwheat and Banana Smoothie
This lovely Raw Buckwheat and Banana Smoothie is great for those on a raw food diet or gluten intolerant. Despite the name buckwheat is actually a grain!
- Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drink
FREE SMOOTHIE WEIGHT LOSS BUNDLE
For A Limited Time, Grab Your FREE 260+ Page Smoothies For Weight Loss Bundle So You Can:
* Shed your excess weight without cravings
* Triple your energy levels without coffee
* Get glowing, clear skin naturally
- 1 cup Buckwheat (Soaked for 8 hours and rinsed)
Green Thickie (Optional):
- 1 cup Spinach (Or other mild greens) OR if you run out of fresh greens, add 2 scoops of Amazing Green Powder for an extra healthy green boost.
- Blend the ingredients in the order listed.
- If you are making a green smoothie blend the greens and liquid first and then blend the rest of the ingredients. This creates more space in your blender.
- Add more water if required to thin it out.
- ubstitute any of the ingredients for whatever you already have.
- If your smoothie is too warm, you can cool it down in the fridge or freeze some of your ingredients before blending.
- You can also replace half of the liquids with ice. Add the ice at the end. It is better to add frozen ingredients at the end to cool the smoothie down.
- This smoothie serves 2 but if you have an active job, do work outs or have higher calorie requirements you may need to drink both servings.
- If you are new to Green Thickies and have more questions about making the perfect green thickie, please read this guide on How to make a Green Thickie. Or read this guide on How to make a smoothie perfect every time.
- Find out more about adding OATS or QUINOA to your smoothies.
- The RECIPE for DATE PASTE can be found here.
- Suitable for Special Diets: Gluten free (Use GF Oats or Quinoa), raw (Use raw oats/quinoa), vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, wheat free, soya free (don’t use soya milk), salt free (don’t add salt), nut free (replace nuts with sunflower or pumpkin seeds. This doesn’t include coconuts)
- * If you want to check if you can drink green thickies on your special diet,) please read this first. This will suggest some substitutions so you can still enjoy Green Thickies with ingredients you can tolerate.
- Serving Size: 500 ml/ 1 pint/ 20 oz
Are you struggling to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you feeling run down and are struggling with ever increasing health problems?
Green Thickies new 7 Day Detox will help you drop a dress size, improve your skin, your energy will soar and you are going to be so in control and proud of yourself.
You won't go hungry on this diet ...
And better yet - it actually requires minimal time in the kitchen. Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
Click here to read more and get a 50% discount today. (Discount applied at the checkout)
- 1 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe (Blender, Raw, Vegan, No Refined Sugar) - February 17, 2020
- Easiest Mango Smoothie Recipe (2 Ingredient, Raw, Vegan) - February 1, 2020
- How To Ripen A Mango Faster (Or More Slowly) - January 3, 2020